Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't even remember the last time I watched a Viacom channel. They're all blocked from my favs list anyway....

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Watching a bit of tv land and scrolling has begun on the 17 channels that Dish will lose

IT IS TIME SOME ONE TOOK A STAND AND SAID ENOUGH CRAP IS ENOUGH PUT SOME PROGRAMMING ON OR GET OFF THE AIR !!!!!!!!!!!
they did. The smaller cable companies a year ago ;)
edit: The NCTC did it TWO years ago actually. The NCTC is the conglomerate of smaller able companies

Television networks (some may not be on DIsh)

BET
BET Jams
BET Soul
Centric
CMT
CMT Music
Comedy Central
Logo TV
MTV
MTV2
mtvU
MTV Hits
MTV Live
Nick at Nite
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon
Nicktoons
Spike
TeenNick
Tr3s
TV Land
VH1
VH1 Classic

I wouldn't lose any sleep if all those were gone. My question would be though, is my bill gonna go down?

they did. The smaller cable companies a year ago ;)
edit: The NCTC did it TWO years ago actually. The NCTC is the conglomerate of smaller able companies
well you knew it would show up

http://www.keepviacom.com/

Here's the most interesting part of that website that could be true or false.

"The few small providers that no longer carry Viacom networks have admitted that they decided to do so in order to focus solely on growing their high margin broadband businesses, which DISH does not provide. As a result of dropping Viacom’s networks, these providers (which don't face the same competition as DISH) have lost up to 25% of their video subscribers."

Viacom's even giving tips on how to deal with Dish reps on the phone. (Guess they don't know DIRT exists;))

From their website:

CALL DISH
855-318-0572
CLICK HERE FOR TIPS ON GETTING THROUGH TO DISH CUSTOMER SERVICE
© 2016 VIACOM
REACH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP

Call DISH today and tell them you want to keep the channels you enjoy and pay for! Use these tips to best reach a customer service agent to voice your concern.

Call 855-318-0572

-After the brief message, press 1 to connect to DISH

-Press 1 for prompts in English

-Press 1 for current customers

-Enter the phone number associated with your account OR the 16-digit account number, followed by the # sign

ADDITIONAL TIPS

Call in the morning. Customer service reps are less busy between 9am and 12pm.

Weekdays are better than weekends. The wait time to reach a person during the week is shorter than on a Saturday or Sunday.

Have your account number or phone number ready, as well as your address and the zip code associated with your account. Customer Service Reps will need to log your phone call and the process moves faster if they can easily find your account history.

Always ask for your Customer Service Rep’s name. If requesting to be transferred to a manager, be sure to get the manager’s name and title, as well. It may come in handy later if you are referencing a conversation you had with someone specific.

I wonder why they give a fake phone number to DISH, and then patch the call through? Guess they are trying to see how many are calling... any maybe even recording the calls for their own use.

About the only show I will miss is Bar Rescue on Spike. I don't watch or care abut the rest of it.

I watch one or two MTV originals with the wife, but I can get those elsewhere. Buh bye. I doubt it though, Viacom can't afford to lose Dish.

I wonder why they give a fake phone number to DISH, and then patch the call through? Guess they are trying to see how many are calling... any maybe even recording the calls for their own use.

About the only show I will miss is Bar Rescue on Spike. I don't watch or care abut the rest of it.

I use to work for a provider and they didn't record the calls but did track it. I am surprised they aren't trying to tie up an important line to like the o office of the president.

Viacom should have had a behind doors "pant dropping" with Dish months ago. They have no other way out of this. And with that, they will be only be delaying their inevitable demise.

Viacom stock craters as programmer warns viewers of Dish blackout
http://www.fiercecable.com/story/vi...nds&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
LAS VEGAS - The long-anticipated carriage battle between Dish Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and Viacom is officially a thing.

Viacom has begun to warn Dish subscribers that they'll soon lose access to channels including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, VH1, MTV, BET, Spike, TV Land and CMT if a renewal to a current carriage agreement, which expires Wednesday night, isn't made.

Viacom has agreements with Comcast and DirecTV that say that if Viacom gives a low rate to Dish to keep them on the Dish Network, they have to also lower their rates to Comcast and DTV. That is why this may go on for a long time: If Viacom breaks and gives away the store to Dish, they have to give the same low price deal to all the other big providers. That is why Viacom stock went down 9 percent tonight, and Dish stock went up 2 percent.

I would not even notice if they were gone. All their channels are junk. The current CEO just wants the cheapest show to produce and then re-run them all day and all year. I think this terrible ratings situation at Viacom has some connection to Sumner Redstones health at his very advanced age. Sumner needs to remove the CEO at Viacom and find someone who will follow the trend of well produced FICTION progrmming that has found very solid audiences. Even MTV is BOOOORRRRINGGGG!!! But a great channel for very cheap to produce Ridiculousness on 24/7, it seems.

Viacom has agreements with Comcast and DirecTV that say that if Viacom gives a low rate to Dish to keep them on the Dish Network, they have to also lower their rates to Comcast and DTV. That is why this may go on for a long time: If Viacom breaks and gives away the store to Dish, they have to give the same low price deal to all the other big providers. That is why Viacom stock went down 9 percent tonight, and Dish stock went up 2 percent.
After hours (going up a bit) it was down 2.6 for the day. And please provide source to Comcast/Directv agreement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.