Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most favored nation clauses are standard in most contracts. If dish gets a good deal then direct and comcast are going to be asking for it too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm one of the "nobodies" who watches "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" and "The Nightly Show" and Viacom has been running crawls on both saying "Dish is dropping this and 17 other Viacom channels after raising your rates", yada-yada-yada. Of course, now I have the Comedy Central app on my AppleTV and the three shows on after PrimeTime are available without verifying a Provider. (Even if I tried verifying, Dish isn't one of the Providers available.)

So, I won't be watching at 11pm, but the next morning. Good luck with fighting Dish Network, Viacom. Ask NBC/Comcast how that worked out for them...

I wonder if Dish's recent dispute with NBCUniversal/Comcast caused this stalemate between Viacom and Dish caused NBCUniversal threaten Dish and Dish called NBCUniversal's bluff by using a clause that the DOJ/FCC/SEC/US Government install on NBCUniversal's merger with Comcast where the merger was approved on one condition, that if another cable/satellite TV provider's contract with NBCUniversal expires, they must agree to arbitration where the third party decided on a fair agreement on both sides.

I bet you Viacom wasn't happy with the Dish/NBCUniversal dispute outcome so the negotiations broke down between them with Viacom being the ones angry about it.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Viacom doesn't have nearly the leverage and power that Comcast NBC Universal has. Dish took advantage of a unique clause that Comcast had to agree to in order to take over NBC.

I sure hope they reach an agreement. Would also be nice if dish picked up MTVU, MTV HITS, and CMT Music. The other channels are ok but those 3 channels are dedicated to Music Videos only at least mtv hits and cmt music are. I've never watched mtvU before.
A lot of my family members would miss those channels though.

another question my family is going to ask me. Can we get out of our dish network contract IF they drop the Viacom channels?

another question my family is going to ask me. Can we get out of our dish network contract IF they drop the Viacom channels?
No, but if you are really unhappy about losing the channels you can get a small credit on the bill. I would wait until the channels are actually gone though . .lol

Sorry but nothing more entertaining then reading posts on DISH'S Facebook site on this. Way to funny about folks and there love for the Viacom channels

The only thing I'll miss are the Futurama and South Park reruns on Comedy Central. I wouldn't watch BET if it was the only channel on Earth. Not my demographic.

Television networks (some may not be on DIsh)

BET
BET Jams
BET Soul
Centric
CMT
CMT Music
Comedy Central
Logo TV
MTV
MTV2
mtvU
MTV Hits
MTV Live
Nick at Nite
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon
Nicktoons
Spike
TeenNick
Tr3s
TV Land
VH1
VH1 Classic
AFAIC they can drop them all. The only thing I'll miss is new episodes of South Park.

Reactions: bobvick
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts