Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Viacom channels are running a continuous crawl now saying dish is dropping them at midnight. Will we get other channels in their place or a credit or something?

Viacom channels are running a continuous crawl now saying dish is dropping them at midnight. Will we get other channels in their place or a credit or something?

Well as I said earlier this gives me more fuel for the fire to get some deeeeeep for multiple years of discounts after the recent price hikes that were already wayy too much.
I smell a new hopper 3 coming free of charge along with lots of free max and showtime to go with my hbo and starz that I'm getting ripped on now vs new customers AND a major cut in price - most likely promo rates to stay :)

Well as I said earlier this gives me more fuel for the fire to get some deeeeeep for multiple years of discounts after the recent price hikes that were already wayy too much.
I smell a new hopper 3 coming free of charge along with lots of free max and showtime to go with my hbo and starz that I'm getting ripped on now vs new customers AND a major cut in price - most likely promo rates to stay :)
I'm hoping to get a microwave to go with the Roku and Fridge I received from past disputes. May hold out for a Brand New Car!!!

I'm just going to say dumping Dish and getting Xfinity was the best thing I've ever done. I do not miss all this "Dish is gonna drop the _______ channels" over and over.... :D
Well if all that was "upending" for, yes, you made the right choice.

I'm just going to say dumping Dish and getting Xfinity was the best thing I've ever done. I do not miss all this "Dish is gonna drop the _______ channels" over and over.... :D

tumblr_inline_ntsz5vC8x71rkf4dx_500.gif

Go read comments at Dish's Facebook page, they are committing suicide if they drop the Viacom channels. Charlie's threats only work if you are in a position of strength, and he's not when we are talking about 17 channels that include MTV, Comedy, Spike, etc. You would think he learned his lesson from the wrath they faced in 2008. We shall see

Go read comments at Dish's Facebook page, they are committing suicide if they drop the Viacom channels. Charlie's threats only work if you are in a position of strength, and he's not when we are talking about 17 channels that include MTV, Comedy, Spike, etc. You would think he learned his lesson from the wrath they faced in 2008. We shall see
Most those people are blowing smoke up the backside. 10% of those people may actually cancel, and then there are the ones that feel they will cancel until someone explains their contracts are still valid. And if you do not think Charlie, a numbers guy, has not had the analytics run on the approx number of subs to leave compared to the price...then you're nuts. I honestly feel, my gut this time, that it will go down for 6-9 days. REason, Viacom cannot handle much more than that. Viacom is not in a position of strength, and if Dish is smart, they are telling customers upon exit that DTV lost those channels as well.

Sooner or later they are going to get to something I do like.
Just like they have been toying with channels that people do like already.

Whether or not I care for these Viacom channels, it's still a major Dispute and effects many people with the amount of channels that could be dropped.

I don't think this is wise from either side.
Certainly don't think Dish networks base package prices are worth their current asking price with a Viacom drop.
I know I'm not going to continue to watch my dollars being spent with less and less in return.

That's as simple as that.
They drop this many channels, well a package decision is going to have to be made.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)