Couple questions on the HH120

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well with Sadoun having free shipping I ordered a HH120 to put my 90cm dish on. Due to the way my setup is with the motor mounted on the backside of the roof. Couple that with low elevation being in MN and I could only put a 76cm on my SG2100

So I upgraded to a HH120 and will put the 90cm dish I had on there (since the shaft sticks up it will work) :)

Couple questions from owners of this motor

-How do you like it? Have you compared it with a SG2100?
-What is the max you can go L-R off center? My True South is 93 and right now I can get to 148 and could almost get to 30 if the dish didnt hit the brace on the back of the mast

It arrives Tuesday so hopefully by the weekend I will have "upgraded" :)

Tony, I have an HH120, but I don't have a SG2100. The HH120 will do about 55 degrees in either direction with USALS, and no problems. I've read where you SG2100 user's use the 1.2 on either end of the arc. I have not tried this with my HH120, so I don't know if it will work or not. Also, this motor doesn't have the button on it to move it east/west, like the SG2100 does. Another thing with me, was I originally used mine with my Coolsat 5000, and had problems with it not stopping on the right spot when going uphill. I'm using a 1.2m Fortec dish, so your 90cm should work better for you? I now use it with my Pansat 3500 and although it is very slow, it stops where/when it's supposed to. Of course now I give it forever (if needed) to get where it's going. Now I'm not so sure that the Coolsat was an issue, instead of my narrow patience. Anyway, I'm thinking it may not go as far as the SG2100, but Good Luck with it!

Al

well 55 degrees would be

148 going west
38 going east

I have a DBS offset of -5 or so so 148 (143 actually) should be no issues :)

I've had an HH120 for about 6 months and while the original one was replaced after trying for several days to get it to work, this replacement one has been flawless. The Coolsat 5000 has no problems turning it.

My TS is 79w. Because of the way my 90cm Fortec is mounted I can't rotate through the full arc but it tracks just fine from 30w to 129w using USALS.

I decided to go with the beefier motor (rather than the HH90) in case I ever wanted to put a bigger dish up (like a 1.2m).

I am using the HH120 motor.
I am located at 76.5 W and by disconnecting the limits I can get to 157W using disqu 1.2.
Reinhold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts