Court tv?

I though there was a law or rule from the FCC that a provider has to give 30days before they take down a channel. I rememer a cable company took down NFL Network and the FCC made them put it back up.

I though there was a law or rule from the FCC that a provider has to give 30days before they take down a channel. I rememer a cable company took down NFL Network and the FCC made them put it back up.

Who's to say that Dish did not have 30 days. Dish probably had more than a 30 day notice on this one.

Maybe this affected Courtv too. Nancy Grace worked for Courtv and CNN. This might have something to do with it. who knows???

WRONGFUL-DEATH CLAIM
Federal court will preside over Nancy Grace lawsuit

TAVARES. - (AP) -- A wrongful-death lawsuit filed against CNN's Nancy Grace, claiming she pushed the mother of a missing toddler to suicide through aggressive questioning on her talk show, has been moved to federal court.

The case was moved from Circuit Court in the Lake County seat of Tavares to U.S. District Court in Ocala, according to a notice of removal filed Dec. 20.

Lawyers for Grace and Atlanta-based CNN asked that the case be transferred to federal court, a move allowed when opposing parties in a lawsuit reside or are headquartered in different states to ensure a state court will not be biased in favor of a party from its own state.

The lawsuit stems from a contentious interview on Sept. 7 in which Grace questioned Melinda Duckett about the reported disappearance of her 2-year-old son. Duckett committed suicide at her grandparents' home the day after the interview.

Filed by relatives of Melinda Duckett, the lawsuit seeks unspecified punitive damages as well as a court order preventing the show on which Duckett appeared from being re-aired.

Duckett's son Trenton was last seen Aug. 27 and remains missing despite ongoing investigations.

Ocala is located in Marion County, north of Lake County.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/16354076.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_state

Hmmmmmmmm this sounds familiar, like the lifetime drop and announced rate increase last year. Seems like this Dish is going to do this every year until they lose all of their customers.

Hmmmmmmmm this sounds familiar, like the lifetime drop and announced rate increase last year. Seems like this Dish is going to do this every year until they lose all of their customers.

Another point of view...
DISH is going to do this every year until the content providers/programmers until they learn that DISH plays hardball. I wonder how many other deals E* has been able to broke BECAUSE they are not afraid to dump a channel that wants more than it is worth?

My guess is that this is a calculated business risk ... Charlie knows that there will be a lot of griping and complaining, but that most subs will simply put up with it. The revenue lost by those that drop DISH over this particular incident is probably far less than the cost of the CourtTV increase.

Ehhh, Lifetime was a fairly big deal, but Court TV? Do that many people even watch it? I know I haven't in at least 5 years.

Ehhh, Lifetime was a fairly big deal, but Court TV? Do that many people even watch it? I know I haven't in at least 5 years.

Ah, the old "I don't watch it so it's not a big deal" response. I can't wait until Charlie pulls this act on a channel that those folks like to view and see if they still don't think it's a big deal.

I would have never known that the channel got removed if I would have not come here. I got no phone calls from any angry customers. I'd say most of them didn't notice either. I do not have many requests for this channel. Lifetime, Viacom, Sinclair were much bigger deals.

The thing that gets me is that we will see this price increase no matter if certain channels are dropped or not. Dish wants to maximize their profits per sub. There needs to be more sub packages like ExpressVu had.

And last year had such an effect, that Dish passed 13 million customers a few weeks ago. Apparently your assumption doesn't hold much water with the majority, because if it did, then Dish's numbers would be going south and not north! Lifetime didn't effect Dish numbers, neither did last years price increase, and neither did losing distants. Hmmmmmmmm!

We all need to give this a couple of weeks for the dust to settle.

If Court TV is not returned to Dish Network by then, everyone who is interested in Court TV needs to take the time to write to the CEO's of all the companies who advertise on Court TV and voice your displeasure.

I am retired and have the time to do this.

I will post the e-mail addresses of as many CEO's as I can find on the net.

This is a joke how these companies treat consumers.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Court TV is one of the few non HD channels that I do watch. It will most likely re-appear in the new Super Spectacular Dish Package for $450 per month.

i just saw a commercial from Court TV pretty much blaming everything on Dish Network. Saying Call this number to get Court TV (like switching to cable). for some reason i think Court TV pulled it... if they have enough time to make a commercial. just my 2 cents

whitebox_dish3.gif

I would have never known that the channel got removed if I would have not come here.

I must admit that I didn't know E* had it until I read that it was gone.

As to those who argue that E* has any kind of obligation to provide the channels you signed up for ... they don't. They have disclaimers to this effect in the agreement that you signed up under. They will try to minimize the disruption from the loss of channels, because it causes customer churn and lots of complaints, but they have considerable leeway on which channels they could discontinue at any moment.

As I wrote before, I support E* on holding the line here. And if it were a channel that I watched, I would do the same. We just took a 6%-10% price increase, I don't want those increases to get any higher.

I have only been with Dish for a little over 1 1/2 years. I am impressed with their HD programming but I am not with their issues hanging onto channels. First Lifetime last year. Wife was NOT happy about this one. Now this year Court TV. One of the channels that I watch regularly. I will definately miss my Forensic Files...hopefully they can get it back soon! Verizon's FiOS TV is coming soon and I will need to look into that when it comes around...I will miss my Voom HD channels though.

Court TV to us is a waste of time. Good riddens.

I can't believe the junk they have on and the lousy personalities and topics they cover.

Now if they would get rid of FAUX News.

I called up dish today and complained.. I have DishHD PLAT w/ playboy and have lost over 5 channels in 2 months... (distant networks, cbshd, and now court tv) My wife watched court tv often and was pissed about this. They did offer me 10 bucks off for the next ten months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)