Court tv?

Earlier this evening I saw a Court TV commercial on TBS that slammed Dish Network.
Yeah, I saw it,,It says WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH Dish network unfair. They won't pay us what we want..
This is not the first time Turner Networks( Now AOL/Time Warner) has tried to play hardball with E*..Turner thought the world would stop rotating if E* custs would not be above to get their precious CNN and HL News....Charlie shot back that CNN and HL News ratings were down 30% over the thre previous years and Turner wanted a 40% rate increase...LOL!!!!Turner fell right into line....
Look I could not care less if the whole AOL/TW prgramming lineup disappeared from E*..I like some of their chs but I could live without them..I'd just find something else to watch or read a friggin book..I am not oneof these tv junkies who's life revolves around the clock and the TV...If I miss it, so what..
I am ususally doing something more productive that causes me to miss a show anyway..
Anyway, I see more of this garbage on the horizon as cable companies attempt to screw with sat co's ability to keep customers by charging mopre to satellite co's for their programming...Or as in the case of Comcast(Philadelphia), keeping the service off satellite entirely.....

While I'm not a Court TV fan, I do watch a ton of Turner/Time Warner networks (don't we all?) TBS, TNT ring any bells? DISH keeps playing games with smaller stations (Lifetime, OLN) but I'm worried about what will happen when they start to take on the big guys (Time Warner, NBC Universal). Losing the Time Warner channels would cost dish tens of thousands of subscribers, even if it is only for a month or so.

I agree...just wish the FCC and the "Industry" felt that way. While I am a sports enthusiast, there are millions of customers being forced to pay Big $$$ for the ESPN channels when they don't even watch sports. That's an even bigger rip-off in my opinion. While it may indeed be difficult to financially support the A la Carte model, I would love for programmers, cable and satellite providers to offer us more flexible choices...a combination of more programming packs, programming groups, and additional a la carte options. Again, why should someone pay for ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, Etc. when they don't even watch sports? Give customer more options to strip unwanted programming from their lineup. Personally, I would be willing to pay just as much, if not more, for the programming I want just to see the "fluff" channels disappear from the airwaves.

Correct. ESPN happens to be one of the most expensive basic tier services..But no Cable or sat co would dare go to the mattress with ESPN...Dropping ESPN would basically put the principled company out of business...
Many prgramers do not want pay tv consumers to have choices..Reasons?..One many of the smaller niche channels would disappear prompting many of these channel owners to petition the FCC on "public service" grounds..My response, have fun paying attorney's fees..Another reason may be that companies like AOL/Time Warner are fearful that becuase the ratings of CNN and Headline news and the demise of the seldom watched CNNfn would relect in total buys of their services..Wouldn't thag be a slap in the face...AOL/TW arrogantly believes people NEED CNN. I say this based on their failed attempt to squeeze E* a few years ago..

Court Tv will be back eventually because it will be forced upon us and so will a nice price increase the year following. I wonder how many people read the news online instead of watching it on television like they used to? Seems like you can get more news online anyways and you can go more in depth with it.

My question is, why would those of us with Top 60 (or HD Bronze) lose this channel? Why did Dish Network decide that the Top 60 tier should no longer include Court TV, especially since Court TV was willing to provide their programming at the same cost that Dish pays now? I could only see them moving it from Top 60 to Top 120 if Court TV wanted a large increase for keeping it in Top 60. But that's not the case here.

And why did Dish Network not inform their customers that they were planning to remove Court TV from the Top 60 tier? Does Dish Network have plans to remove other channels from Top 60 based on other negotiations? Exactly what will the new Top 100 comprise of in February if they are planning to remove basic networks like Court TV from the package?

Seems to me like Dish Network is the one to blame here. And once again, I (as a consumer), am being used as the pawn.

Robert
Do you watch Court Tv?..If so , do you watch enough that losing the channel would leave a significant "hole" in your tv viewing day?
If the answer to the second question is "no", why do you care? And in what manner are you being used as a pawn?

We are all pawns, because most of have little or no choice over the cable or sat providers we have to live with if we want more than standard TV.Court TV today;something else tomorrow. You have 2 Titanic egos here (Turner and Egren} who can't stand to lose or look bad. Its not really about the money and neither could care less about the subscribers.

We are all pawns, because most of have little or no choice over the cable or sat providers we have to live with if we want more than standard TV.Court TV today;something else tomorrow. You have 2 Titanic egos here (Turner and Egren} who can't stand to lose or look bad. Its not really about the money and neither could care less about the subscribers.

How is Ted Turner involved in all of this?

I thought Ted Turner sold out?
He did ..The AOL/Time Warner merger was the beginning of the end for the sometimes eccentric Turner...An example of Turner's proensity to say things that leave on scratching their head..: "Men should be barred from public office for 100 years in every part of the world...The men have had millions of years where we've been running things. We've screwed it up hopelessly. Let's give it to the women"
On January 29, 2003, AOL Time Warner announced that Ted Turner would resign as a vice chairman.
In other words Turner was fired...
Turner once tried to buy CBS Television....

How about an update on whats happening with the two egomaniacs.Surely somebody has inside info on this needless dispute.I'd go to Direct or cable, but I have too much money tied up in equipment which works only with dish! Putting the Biography Channel on the Court TV channel is an absolute insult as it is already on its own channel!This is just UNcle Charlie's pathetic attempt to appease regular Court TV watchers like me.Many hate Court TV, but how would you feel if they dumped your favorite channel without warning? Yours could be next!

How about an update on whats happening with the two egomaniacs.Surely somebody has inside info on this needless dispute.I'd go to Direct or cable, but I have too much money tied up in equipment which works only with dish! Putting the Biography Channel on the Court TV channel is an absolute insult as it is already on its own channel!This is just UNcle Charlie's pathetic attempt to appease regular Court TV watchers like me.Many hate Court TV, but how would you feel if they dumped your favorite channel without warning? Yours could be next!

but my favorite channel isn't right now, and I for one am glad that someone is trying to stand up to the channels.

Anyone here upset about losing Court tv? I mean its not a bad channel i like it to watch cops, and other reality shows espically since they brought back the police chases and there all new. I was just wondering if anyone is upset about it?