Court tv?

Charlie is a rampant "egomaniac" who could care less about his subs!Though you may hate "Court TV"; remember, tomorrow it might be your favorite channel that he pulls! I am now going to have to consder Direct and change all my equipment.Dish must have a board, and they need to fire Charlie now!

Charlie is a rampant "egomaniac" who could care less about his subs!Though you may hate "Court TV"; remember, tomorrow it might be your favorite channel that he pulls! I am now going to have to consder Direct and change all my equipment.Dish must have a board, and they need to fire Charlie now!

That's rather radical just because you lost one channel. That would be the last reason i'd leave any service just because they pulled a plug on a channle to try and cut costs. Besides it'll be back. They always sign and have an agreeement.

Ron

Again, it's not court tv (it's not worth a price increase)

It's how charlie handles things which drive me up the wall... they seem to fight everything and put up with nothing and who suffers? the subs... sure charlie is rich but he plays games and when it doesn't go his way and he holds stong (pays for legal fees) and the SUBS feel the pain of missing channels and services then eventually higher fees to support his legal battles.

I agree there has been a lot of wrong done to Dish BUT Dish has done a lot of wrong themselves... the name of the game is sometimes going with the flow and taking it/paying for it... instead of fighting every frickin' battle... especially when you have MILLIONS OF SUBS... Look at this whole DNS issue (doesn't effect me) the Tivo Issue.

going with the flow and taking it/paying for it.
Hmm. this is exactly the opposite of what the cable co's do..Why would I want to do bsuiness with someone who simply knuckles under to any channel producer to satisfy the needs of a few?...
Once again.....If one wishes to view a certain channnel that person is free to choose the provider that offers that service..
I could go over to D* due to the NFL...But at this time it's not what I want..So I stay with E*....Buit I am not going to whine that E* won't or cannot carry the Ticket...

Hey! that would be a pretty good trick.Fire the Owner of the company.You know the saying"I'm fired? Noo your fired!!!!.:eek:

Hey, that's a great Idea. :rolleyes:
Charlie owns more than 50% of the voting shares. Guess who would have to fire him.

It has long been Dish's policy to fight these prices and requirements to carry extra channels from the various content providers. And they have not been above letting channels be discontinued for awhile. Usually they eventually come to an agreement and the channel returns. So stayed tune for developments.

"Charlie...I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go. Your work just hasn't been quite up to the expectations we have for you."

"What the f***?!"

"I know, I know... Listen, we put together an excellent benefits package and severence bonus. We want you to know that we appreciate everything you've done for us."

"You're f***ing fired!"

"Oh.... Well, um.... I'll go clean out my desk now."

On top of that... don't use your internet "too much" or they'll disconnect you without warning.... and then make it near impossible to reach them (they use some obscure phone # for internet disconnects). Of course, they won't define what "too much" is. Go read "broadbandreports.com" for the horror stories.

And from what I'm hearing, that Comcast $33 phone is similar to Vonage so any significant usage on your internet connection can impact it.

???I have used CC HSI for 3 years with Vonage, never heard of any problems that you are speaking of. I download constantly, upload web pages and have never been cut off. Also have Vonage unlimited, relatives come over and use the phone to call relatives in Canada for hours, and it never affected my HSI. I really don't like CC, but I don't spread "horror" stories that aren't true.

What is true is my FatherInLaw has them for TV, his digital package with 1 set (HD on that set), no DVR, HBO and 1 other analog set and he pays $102/month, I pay $10 less with 4 sets, 2 DVRs and HD from Dish. CC is very expensive, that is true.

Meadiacom and Sinclair, which owns ABC in our area are in a dispute and Sinclair has pulled it's station from Mediacom cable. Why is this any different than what Charlie is doing.

Um, they did.

Although they do need to remove the placeholder from the guide. I'm sure it is just confusing some folks....

Here's the deal, right now if you have a higher package, Biography channel is included in the lineup. However, AT60 does not, so why the hell are they now getting Biography for free and why in gods name are the people paying for higher packages paying for this crappy channel with 200 year old episodes of Murder She Wrote on 2 frigging channels. This channel is no substitute for Court Tv. If you don't like Court TV good for you however millions of folks do enjoy this channel and that is reflected by its rating as a top 20 channel. It has been part of Dish for years and you come to expect it. So which ever way you look at it is Dish's fault. They have set them selves up to lose a lot more customers. Do you think Time Warner is going to forget about this when it comes to negotions for HBO, Cinemax, CNN, HN, TBS, TNT, TNTHD etc.

I don't think so.

So don't worry about all the other b**sh*t about cable or high speed and such. Those of you who are payng for packages above AT60 you are been screwed, by a bunch of idiots who do not know how to negotiate a contract. Then they want to bitch that others are getting better deals than them, hmmmmmm I wonder why?

Here's the deal, right now if you have a higher package, Biography channel is included in the lineup. However, AT60 does not, so why the hell are they now getting Biography for free and why in gods name are the people paying for higher packages paying for this crappy channel with 200 year old episodes of Murder She Wrote on 2 frigging channels. This channel is no substitute for Court Tv. If you don't like Court TV good for you however millions of folks do enjoy this channel and that is reflected by its rating as a top 20 channel. It has been part of Dish for years and you come to expect it. So which ever way you look at it is Dish's fault. They have set them selves up to lose a lot more customers. Do you think Time Warner is going to forget about this when it comes to negotions for HBO, Cinemax, CNN, HN, TBS, TNT, TNTHD etc.

I don't think so.

So don't worry about all the other b**sh*t about cable or high speed and such. Those of you who are payng for packages above AT60 you are been screwed, by a bunch of idiots who do not know how to negotiate a contract. Then they want to bitch that others are getting better deals than them, hmmmmmm I wonder why?

Give me a friggin' break! Millions? Millions? If that were true, and the people wanted it that bad, then we would see Dish numbers crashing! But do we? No! Why? Because Court-TV is not that big of a deal to most of the 13+ million customers that subscribe to Dish.
I have no problem with Dish holding out on Court-TV, or Viacom, or Lifetime, or any other channel that tries to get more money than what they are worth!
Do I feel like I am getting "ripped off"? Hell no, I didn't watch Court-TV when Dish had it, and I don't watch Biography now or before either. So no, Dish isn't ripping me off!
But nice whining in you post!

Give me a friggin' break! Millions? Millions? If that were true, and the people wanted it that bad, then we would see Dish numbers crashing! But do we? No! Why? Because Court-TV is not that big of a deal to most of the 13+ million customers that subscribe to Dish.
I have no problem with Dish holding out on Court-TV, or Viacom, or Lifetime, or any other channel that tries to get more money than what they are worth!
Do I feel like I am getting "ripped off"? Hell no, I didn't watch Court-TV when Dish had it, and I don't watch Biography now or before either. So no, Dish isn't ripping me off!

The reason you don't see the numbers dropping is because DISH has a lot of people locked in with 18mth commitments.

The 2006 numbers for Court-TV according to Time Warner.

Total viewers (913,000), Adults 18-49 (389,000) and viewing households (719,000).

NightRyder

The reason you don't see the numbers dropping is because DISH has a lot of people locked in with 18mth commitments.

well, actually only the people signed up in the last 18 months which is under 2 million are locked into commitments. So that leave 11+ million who have every chance in the world to leave because of Court-TV. And since all those people are still with Dish, I guess they are all on vacation and haven't come home yet to find out that the channel has been gone for 22 days or they don't care. Hmm wonder which it is???

Is that guy kidding?..Millions?.. Of what? Squirrels?.Court Tv Is not that important. If the channel got the viewrship some people claim Dish would be losing subs and the media woud be reporting about it..Neither is occuring so no harm ,no foul..

well, actually only the people signed up in the last 18 months which is under 2 million are locked into commitments. So that leave 11+ million who have every chance in the world to leave because of Court-TV. And since all those people are still with Dish, I guess they are all on vacation and haven't come home yet to find out that the channel has been gone for 22 days or they don't care. Hmm wonder which it is???

So you have no problem with dish dropping all the channels that only say 10% of their viewers watch and not decreasing prices? If we allow DISH to get away with this type of crap, then eventually thats whats going to happen. Less channels + higher sub costs.