Court tv?

there is NO television channel i could not live without!!!!!!!!!!!!
i mean come on.........get a life ....its tv!:)

there is NO television channel i could not live without!!!!!!!!!!!!
i mean come on.........get a life ....its tv!:)

Nobody said we can't live without it. But when we sign up for a service, get stuck in an 18 month contract, and then the fu**ers take the channels we enjoy away...Thats pretty fu**ed up.

And since I work all day and have a newborn at home, we rarely watch TV. But when we do, we'd like to be able to watch the channels we enjoy.

I'm sure a lot of others would be up in arms if ESPN was taken away. Then maybe they'd understand.

Its amazing how many people think this is about Court TV or even money!Its all about Charlie's insatiable need for control and attention and nothing more. He may own the company, but he doesen't own me!

Its amazing how many people think this is about Court TV or even money!Its all about Charlie's insatiable need for control and attention and nothing more. He may own the company, but he doesen't own me!
I guess you missed the part about Time-Warner doubling the price of the channel!! P.S Charlie built the company from the ground up.. He can do whatever he wants!!

I guess you missed the part about Time-Warner doubling the price of the channel!!

But don't forget it was Charlie wanted to put CourTV into a higher tier programming package which meant there would be less subscribers which meant that it put the pricing into another tier, at least that's what I've seen as the start of this mess. So Charlie makes a change, Turner says now based on subscriber numbers you owe us more money based on the contract, Charlie doesn't like that answer and says fine, I'll pull the channel because Turner won't modifiy the contract to reduce the pricing. Is that about right?

From http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003540347

"At issue is EchoStar’s desire to shift Court TV from its most highly penetrated tier, “America’s Top 60,” to the “Top 120” level, a move that would cost the net some 3 million subs. Under the terms of Court TV’s current rate card, the net would have to raise its license fee by up to 70 percent in order to adjust for the loss of those subs."

Last edited:
Charlie may have built the company, but now he seems hell bent on destroying it. You know what the say about power and corruption.Its not about 1 channel being pulled; its about Charlie getting into a power struggle with some one as arrogant and narcissistic as he is; Ted Turner!No one wants to blink first and the subs be dammed!

Charlie may have built the company, but now he seems hell bent on destroying it. You know what the say about power and corruption.Its not about 1 channel being pulled; its about Charlie getting into a power struggle with some one as arrogant and narcissistic as he is; Ted Turner!No one wants to blink first and the subs be dammed!
The company belongs to Him. he can do whatever he wants. The bestway to express displeasure is to drop your subcription to e*!! Eventually if enough people do the same things will change.

Turner Broadcasting merged with Time Warner over 10 years ago, and Ted Turner no longer has anything to do with the day to day operations of the empire that he founded. This is Charlie Ergen versus a huge corporation, not one maverick versus another.

Ted sold control of his company and got a seat on the board of the larger company. He lost that seat later.

Charlies owns more than 50% of the voting shares for his company and he aint sellin'. He would have to vote HIMSELF off the board.

Aint-a-gonna happen. :D

See ya
Tony

At the Dish website, there's no longer a link to click on for news about Court TV on the home page...and, when browsing the Top 100 channel lineup, it was not listed.

If Court TV goes I go.Charlie will never learn untill there is a mass exodus.This is the straw that broke the camel's back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts