Covert Affairs

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
I know there are some other USA fans on the board here, because we have few threads going on their shows. Have you all seen the previews for their new original series, Covert Affairs? It stars Piper Perabo as a CIA agent and will also have the great (in my opinions) Peter Gallagher.

Hey all -
I'm actually working with USA to help promote the new series. For Bourne trilogy fans the producer of those movies, Doug Liman is involved with the series. It premieres on July 13th at 10/9c.

I probably would pass on this one in that Piper Perabo is just kind of blah, but since they added Emmanuelle Vaugier (the FBI gal from Human Target), I will give it a shot.

Actually, I kind of like Piper's deer in the headlamp look. Peter Gallagher will have me giving it a chance.

Hopefully, it will be as good and as accurate as Burn Notice is. :D

I know for a fact that they were actually working very closely with the CIA to make this show as accurate as possible. Any small unknown facts about they were going to try and include.
I don't know if you all have ventured over to the official page recently, but a few new promos for the show have been added. You can check them out here.

The acting on this show should be pretty good. Both Piper Perabo and Peter Gallagher have a lot of expierence, and for any Hero fans, Sendhil Ramamurthy, who played Mohinder in the show is also in the cast.

There's an exclusive scene up on the website with Perabo's character dodging a sniper. It should give you a good feel of what kind of action you can expect from the series.

Watched the scene. I still think casting Perabo was a mistake.

Is she the one who is supposed to be a newbie at the CIA? Must be a late bloomer as she looks at least 35-40, much older than your "typical" college grad / new recruit.

Will check out at least the first few episodes, but hope the rest of the series is a little more on target. This casting does seem a bit strange to me, too.

Piper Perabo's back story on the show is that she was in the CIA's "bullpen" but was called up based on her multilingual skills. So, shes not playing a character right out of college.
Here's a review of the premiere episode. Perabo gets great marks for lighting up the screen and keeping the show fun.

Watched it last night. I was really happy with the interactions and twists. Sure, it is formula, but it is the same proven USA series formula and the main characters draw you in.

The only part that left me cold was the Peter Gallahger subplot with his wife. That simply felt contrived to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)