Covert Affairs

I give it a "Meh". The Peter Gallagher/Kerri Matchett element is weak. They could easily write off those characters without causing much notice. Will give in another shot or two.

This show was slightly better than I expected. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see how it develops before making any sort of decision about whether it's worth continued watching.

Super New Series

We finally saw the series premiere and it was excellent. This is by far the best new series of the summer, and better than most of the returning shows from last summer. Perabo is perfect; she still has some of that Sidney Bristow cuteness (the parallels are inevitable) while playing the role much less like a cartoon character. The show seems to have the same promise of an intriguing back-story, but not one rooted in fantasy and mythology, but instead in actual spy-intrigue.

I also agree that the Peter Gallagher/Kerri Matchett element is not needed. I think they could have established what they were trying to establish in those scenes with just a few lines of expositional dialog between the two, early on.

Glad to hear all the feedback! How about that car chase scene? You don't see that type of action on TV too often.

LOL, I had to go back and look for it since I did not remember it. Car chases are a dime a dozen any more.

LOL, I had to go back and look for it since I did not remember it. Car chases are a dime a dozen any more.

In movies, yes, but they are often beyond the budget of TV shows. Too much off set shooting for a weekly production schedule.

I liked the show, but the only thing that really bothered me is that the CIA is really not supposed to be doing what the show implies it is doing in the US, that is the domain of the FBI. Oh well it is TV and a lot of shows stretch things.

Christopher Gorham has trouble pulling off the blind man aspect, which really seems to be a useless plot device. Perhaps eventually he will regain his sight.

I will keep it on the DVR list and see how it develops.

I liked the show, but the only thing that really bothered me is that the CIA is really not supposed to be doing what the show implies it is doing in the US, that is the domain of the FBI.
Perhaps they're relying on the overwhelmingly common sense of paranoia and suspicion of authority that prevails in the US these days, figuring the vast majority of viewers will just assume that of course the CIA operates outside of its legal boundaries. :rolleyes:

:)

We really enjoyed it, but the blind man "plot element" was unnecessary. I think it's a distraction. And as others have said, hope the "relationship" fades away.

Watch it last Sunday.

A fresh new spy drama ala Alias, but with a lead that is more the girl next door. This character is a lovable, soft family girl that seamlessly switches to a hard core savvy linguist and spy. The CIA leaders, staff and sidekicks are also very dynamic characters. Her family members are wonderful and validate the secret life persona.

The story line carries enough mystery, romance, drama, and action to keep the whole family interested. If the writing, directing and acting continue to hit high marks, this is a show to watch. It has the potential to be around for a long time. Enjoyable, fast-paced exciting entertainment.

Did anyone think they are using the set from White Collar? Their new office seems suspiciously close to the FBI office in WC. I wonder if they are sharing the set to save cash?

That would make a lot of sense, economics-wise, and there is a long-standing tradition in Hollywood of reusing sets and costumes and such. It is relatively rare, though, to have two series share the same often-used sets while both are in production, but it would be a great idea, in this case, since the needs for both series for those sets are pretty much the same.

Did anyone catch this past Tuesday's episode, where Annie was stranded in Zurich? What did you think of it? The Mossad agent, whose real name is Oded Fehr, was actually from Israel and served in the Israeli Navy for 3 years. How about his and Annie's on screen chemistry?

Did anyone catch this past Tuesday's episode, where Annie was stranded in Zurich? What did you think of it? The Mossad agent, whose real name is Oded Fehr, was actually from Israel and served in the Israeli Navy for 3 years. How about his and Annie's on screen chemistry?

I really liked the episode. Not only did Anni and Eyal (sp?) do well together, but the Cambell's relationship was handled better. I liked Eyal when he was in Sleeper Cell, it was good to see him again. Perhaps they can have more adventures in the future. I also liked that it was out of the country.

To me it was the strongest episode of the season so far.

I liked the episode and yes, the chemistry was there. On the other hand Piper could show good chemistry with Jaleel White (Urkel)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts