Cowboys rout Cleveland Girls Club

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
4) Coaching. Romeo Crennel looked as lifeless as our team at times. A mind boggling call happened in the 4th quarter. The Browns had a 4th down with 3 yards to go, with the score at 28-7 with over 10 minutes in the game. Crennel opted to kick a field goal instead of going for it. Needless to say, the Cleveland crowd showered Crennel with Boo's following this decision.
Why did Crennel go for a field goal to make the score 28-10 with 10 minutes to play? If they'd gone in for 7 they would've only needed two more scores, not three. I don't see where the FG helped Cleveland any (other than putting double digits on the scoreboard). We booed at home too, and we were rooting for the 'Boys.

I actually feel that our QB played well, Jamal Lewis ran well and the O-Line moved the Cowboys D-Line at will, ..........

Are you on drugs?:rolleyes:

Anderson went 11-of-24 for 114 yards

Cleveland had a TOTAL of 91 YARDS rushiong for the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!!!! ANd ANderson had 24 of those running for his LIFE!!!!!!

This game was OVER at halftime.

Are you on drugs?:rolleyes:

Anderson went 11-of-24 for 114 yards

Cleveland had a TOTAL of 91 YARDS rushiong for the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!!!! ANd ANderson had 24 of those running for his LIFE!!!!!!

This game was OVER at halftime.

Did you not read my entire post? I can't figure out if your reading comprehension is that bad or you are just starting s**t again?

#1. Anderson was the victim of MANY dropped balls. His weapons were also limited as the Browns were without their #2, #3 and #4 WR's. Instead, we used two WR's who have never even caught a single pass in the NFL! (Steve Sanders and Syndric Steptoe). Anderson was not even close to the reason why we lost yesterday. Unless you just read the stat line and didn't actually watch the game, I don't know how you would conclude otherwise.

#2. Jamal Lewis DID run the ball decently. He ran the ball 13 times for 62 yards. Simple math shows you that Lewis averaged apx. 5 yards per carry. I'd say that's pretty respectable against a Super Bowl contending team. Unfortunately though, we fell behind early and had to abandoned the run.

HATE to mention something....so I tune in to watch the game...and they mention there were "celebrities in the stand"....and they show Lebron...WEARING A NY Yankees hat.....WTF??!!:confused: Why not a Cleveland Indians hat....?? HHmmmmm?

LeBron's a front runner like many other people trolling on these boards (not talking about you Salsa).

LeBron has admitted in the past to being a fan of the Yankees, Bulls and Cowboys. All have had success when LeBron was growing up.

Did you not read my entire post? I can't figure out if your reading comprehension is that bad or you are just starting s**t again?

#1. Anderson was the victim of MANY dropped balls. His weapons were also limited as the Browns were without their #2, #3 and #4 WR's. Instead, we used two WR's who have never even caught a single pass in the NFL! (Steve Sanders and Syndric Steptoe). Anderson was not even close to the reason why we lost yesterday. Unless you just read the stat line and didn't actually watch the game, I don't know how your would conclude otherwise.

I'm sorry HD MM, but this just made me spit up my diet pepsi. :D

Steve Sanders? What, David Silver and Brandon Walsh weren't available?

And what in the hell is a Syndric Steptoe? It sounds like some sort of foot disease. :eek:

Seriously, I didn't realize your receiving corps was in such disarray. Do they expect Jerivicus, Stallworth, and Cribbs to be out long?

#1. Anderson was the victim of MANY dropped balls. His weapons were also limited as the Browns were without their #2, #3 and #4 WR's. Instead, we used two WR's who have never even caught a single pass in the NFL! (Steve Sanders and Syndric Steptoe). Anderson was not even close to the reason why we lost yesterday. Unless you just read the stat line and didn't actually watch the game, I don't know how you would conclude otherwise.

#2. Jamal Lewis DID run the ball decently. He ran the ball 13 times for 62 yards. Simple math shows you that Lewis averaged apx. 5 yards per carry. I'd say that's pretty respectable against a Super Bowl contending team. Unfortunately though, we fell behind early and had to abandoned the run.

So poor coaching and GM work resulting in a lack of depth and the dropped balls (or generally lesser skilled players?), and discounting his 24 yard run (which bumped him up to 4.8 ypc) Lewis was at a meager 3.1 ypc. You don't paint a very good picture here.

And what in the hell is a Syndric Steptoe? It sounds like some sort of foot disease. :eek:

Seriously, I didn't realize your receiving corps was in such disarray. Do they expect Jerivicus, Stallworth, and Cribbs to be out long?

Jurevicius is on the PUP list and is gone for at least half of the season. Cribbs has a high ankle sprain and is questionable for his return next week. Mum's the word on Stallworth. He injured his groin in warmups and there hasn't been an update since. (Remember Romeo comes from the NE coaching staff. They don't reveal ANYTHING regarding injuries).

So poor coaching and GM work resulting in a lack of depth and the dropped balls (or generally lesser skilled players?), and discounting his 24 yard run (which bumped him up to 4.8 ypc) Lewis was at a meager 3.1 ypc. You don't paint a very good picture here.

In all due respect, how many NFL teams could overcome playing without their #2, #3, and #4 receivers? That's stretching the depth arguement.

Too funny. My wife actually heard the name and asked if he had a blonde curly mullet! :D

Jurevicius is on the PUP list and is gone for at least half of the season. Cribbs has a high ankle sprain and is questionable for his return next week. Mum's the word on Stallworth. He injured his groin in warmups and there hasn't been an update since. (Remember Romeo comes from the NE coaching staff. They don't reveal ANYTHING regarding injuries).

HD MM,
I have a trade prop for ya: Jabar Gaffney (a very good WR) and the Pats '09 second round pick for Brady Quinn? :D

HD MM,
I have a trade prop for ya: Jabar Gaffney (a very good WR) and the Pats '09 second round pick for Brady Quinn? :D

I'd do that. Should benefit both teams. Let's get Belichick on the horn with Savage! I could imagine Boston would absolutely fawn over an Irishman like Quinn too....

I'd do that. Should benefit both teams. Let's get Belichick on the horn with Savage! I could imagine Boston would absolutely fawn over an Irishman like Quinn too....

This Irishman would. :up It would certainly make the '09 training camp interesting, Brady vs. Brady.

In all due respect, how many NFL teams could overcome playing without their #2, #3, and #4 receivers? That's stretching the depth arguement.

I'd say it depends on when the injuries happened and how much they actually contribute to the team. What do you blame then, conditioning? Bad luck (see also: New England)? They're professionals and regardless of their place on the depth chart have caught hundreds of balls in the last 4 weeks. When you only have 13 incompletions, what's many anyways? 5? 8? QB was perfect, but he was victimized by poor receivers? The other team had as many completions as the Browns had attempts passing.

I'd say it depends on when the injuries happened and how much they actually contribute to the team. What do you blame then, conditioning? Bad luck (see also: New England)? They're professionals and regardless of their place on the depth chart have caught hundreds of balls in the last 4 weeks. When you only have 13 incompletions, what's many anyways? 5? 8? QB was perfect, but he was victimized by poor receivers? The other team had as many completions as the Browns had attempts passing.

Look up "bad luck" in the dictionary. You'll be sure to find Cleveland among the definitions.

Braylon Edwards dropped 4 passes himself. 1 was in the endzone and 1 was in the redzone. Steve Sanders and Sydric Steptoe caught 1 pass each. Both were the first catches in their NFL careers! I didn't keep track of how many they dropped.

The point is, Derek Anderson was far down on the list as to one of the reasons why the Browns lost yesterday as you and your buddy Skip Vurbano keep suggesting. I was simply justifying why DA's stats weren't as bad as the stat line showed.

If there was a decent warm body from the Pat D-line to go along with that, I'm sure Romeo would completely go for that.

Interestingly, D-line is one position that the Pats have a lot of depth. So you never know..............

It's one game.

The Sunday night game, IMO, will make or break their season.

Last year, their shootout against the Bengals ended up making their season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts