Cowboys rout Cleveland Girls Club

Do you want McGinest back? I love the guy, but he's just about worthless these days. Romeo to a fault has too much allegiance to old friends.

I have to agree. I've followed Willie (I love the guy) since to left the Patriots, but he definetly has lost a couple of steps. Too bad, dude was a big game machine!

It's one game.

The Sunday night game, IMO, will make or break their season.

Last year, their shootout against the Bengals ended up making their season.

Thank you for bringing well thought out reason to the discussion! 1 loss against an out-of conference foe does not make your season.

The Browns next 3 games are all against fellow AFC North teams. I've already went on record by saying that 9 wins will take the AFC North. It should come down to the Browns and Steelers. The winner of the division will advance to the playoffs. The Browns won't win the division without beating the Steelers at least once. With that said, we need to take advantage of next week as it's at home.

News Flash Skippy: The Cowboys were just about everybody's preseason favorite to win the Super Bowl. They are the best team in the league IMO. The Browns aren't there yet obviously. This should come as no surprise to anyone.

With that said, I am not as discouraged with this loss as I am with last years season opening loss to the Steelers.

I actually feel that our QB played well, Jamal Lewis ran well and the O-Line moved the Cowboys D-Line at will, but we abandoned the run when we fell behind early.

I came up with 4 reasons why the Browns lost yesterday:

1) Defense. Our defense which is the weak point on the team didn't show any signs of improvement from last year.

2) Braylon Edwards. Edwards showed signs of rust from being injured throughout training camp in his first game back. He dropped 4 key passes that could've changed the complexity of this game. He also had 2 penalties called on him. If he catches those balls and is penalty free, the outcome of this game could've been completely different.

3) Injuries. Donte Stallworth injured his groin in warm-up drills and didn't play. That left the Browns without their #2, #3 and #4 WR's. (Stallworth, Jurevicius and Cribbs). Cribbs is also our best return man and best special teams defender. Field position is 1/3rd of the game and his abilities are game altering. The Browns also played without 2 starting Offensive Lineman (Tucker, Hadnot), starting LB (Peek) and our starting saftey (Pool).

4) Coaching. Romeo Crennel looked as lifeless as our team at times. A mind boggling call happened in the 4th quarter. The Browns had a 4th down with 3 yards to go, with the score at 28-7 with over 10 minutes in the game. Crennel opted to kick a field goal instead of going for it. Needless to say, the Cleveland crowd showered Crennel with Boo's following this decision.

Rogers really helped you guys, didn't he?:rolleyes: About as much as the guy Detroit got from you guys. The Falcons ripped Bodden a new one. Guess we both got what we deserved in that trade.

Look up "bad luck" in the dictionary. You'll be sure to find Cleveland among the definitions.

Braylon Edwards dropped 4 passes himself. 1 was in the endzone and 1 was in the redzone. Steve Sanders and Sydric Steptoe caught 1 pass each. Both were the first catches in their NFL careers! I didn't keep track of how many they dropped.

The point is, Derek Anderson was far down on the list as to one of the reasons why the Browns lost yesterday as you and your buddy Skip Vurbano keep suggesting. I was simply justifying why DA's stats weren't as bad as the stat line showed.

That puts him ahead of last years pace, when he dropped 22.

Don't fret Matt, I suspect your team is just off to a slow start. Wish I could say the same for my Lions. You have my sympathy, but your guys will get better as the season moves on.

Rogers really helped you guys, didn't he?:rolleyes: About as much as the guy Detroit got from you guys. The Falcons ripped Bodden a new one. Guess we both got what we deserved in that trade.

Honestly, I can't blame Rogers. He was double and triple teamed at times and he still made good tackles. The dudes a beast. The problem is that since we have no other threat on defense, Rogers gets all the attention.

If you followed any Eagles games you'd see that when Garcia and Feely are Winning Games and Mc Nabb Isn't ,There's not too many other places to place blame. It wasn't just the Fans ,the team was blaiming McNabb as well. Do you want him in Dallas?

If you followed any Eagles games you'd see that when Garcia and Feely are Winning Games and Mc Nabb Isn't ,There's not too many other places to place blame. It wasn't just the Fans ,the team was blaiming McNabb as well. Do you want him in Dallas?
Nope. He should have went to Chicago! He would have won a SB by now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)