Craigslist dishes for your perusal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
real and hidden costs

Considering what I spent on rental of a stake bed truck (to move two single-piece dishes), tie down straps, lumber & hardware, tools, two meals for myself & buddy, etc.,...
...a $100 road trip for a disassembled dish & HH of that caliber, would be a bargain! ;)

Considering what I spent on rental of a stake bed truck (to move two single-piece dishes), tie down straps, lumber & hardware, tools, two meals for myself & buddy, etc.,...
...a $100 road trip for a disassembled dish & HH of that caliber, would be a bargain! ;)

That would be a 2000 mile (4000 round trip) road trip ONE-WAY for me, and I'm only 1 month out of serious hernia surgery.

No way I could handle it, and that's just too far away even if I didn't have that health issue right now.

Let's see: 134 gallons of gas (VERY conservative), at $3.50 a gallon = $469.00. Nope, can't see it....

I'll bet Magic Static could use another Winegard or two.
Or at least save it 'till Pop comes by in the summer! ;)

Primestar31 - sorry, I misread your comment and thought you and the dish were in the same state.
Michigan to Idaho is another matter.

Ad Text said:
12 Ft Winegard Satellite Dish, Houston Tracker Premier System 50, Venture Dish Motor, Electricians, K-Band, KU-Band, Solar, what else??? $200 OBO Light colored gray mesh, EXCELLENT CONDITION! No scams or tattoos, will not respond to e-mails. Call me 619-248-5511 for more info. I will send you a picture via your phone if you wish. Thank You

What's he got against tattoos? Or is that a scam scheme by another name?

Maybe he sells frequently, and tattoo artists have been trying to trade with him for free tattoos?

Or maybe he doesn't want anything to do with Herve Villechaize? :popcorn :D

$100 obo - mesh BUD - Livonia, NY

http://rochester.craigslist.org/hsh/3431687866.html

3Fe3Jf3p35K45H85J5cbo55bb4e53c4831d50.jpg

I'll bet Magic Static could use another Winegard or two.
Very Tempting! I would love a trip to Lewiston. But I can't really justify doing that since I found the Satellite Junkyard here in town. He has a almost brand new Winegard Pinnacle stuffed behind a shed and a couple of AJAKS setting on the ground rusting away. Looks like he has 75-100 C-Band mesh dishes stored away there. Sheds full of feedhorns and actuators. I don't have to look for stuff anymore :). But that was a fun part of this hobby. I still love to read this thread!

Very Tempting! I would love a trip to Lewiston. But I can't really justify doing that since I found the Satellite Junkyard here in town. He has a almost brand new Winegard Pinnacle stuffed behind a shed and a couple of AJAKS setting on the ground rusting away. Looks like he has 75-100 C-Band mesh dishes stored away there. Sheds full of feedhorns and actuators. I don't have to look for stuff anymore :). But that was a fun part of this hobby. I still love to read this thread!

Are you sure you're not raiding a lost C-Band museum?

Attachments

• satyard 009.JPG
    satyard 009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 235
  • satyard 003.JPG
    satyard 003.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 216
  • satyard 011.JPG
    satyard 011.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 221
  • satyard 010.JPG
    satyard 010.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 219
I see some 1.2 m offsets to the right in the last picture.
Note the ribs on the back in a diamond pattern.
What's he get for those?

And just for reference, what does he get for 10' Pinnacle or an Ajak 180 HH mount?
Talking about him here just might put this "repository" on the map! ;)

He hasn't considered selling any of the stuff until recently. I'm sure he hasn't spent a lot of time thinking about prices. He is 70 yrs old and still installing satellite systems for Dish and DTV, but he is starting to realize he won't be doing to much with all the stuff he has setting around his place. He doesn't want to box up and ship any of this stuff, so a guy would have to come get it in person. It's sad to think, but most of this stuff will end up in the trash when he goes. I definately don't have any room for it all.
I'm thinking I need one of those 1.2m offsets myself:)

He hasn't considered selling any of the stuff until recently. I'm sure he hasn't spent a lot of time thinking about prices. He is 70 yrs old and still installing satellite systems for Dish and DTV, but he is starting to realize he won't be doing to much with all the stuff he has setting around his place. He doesn't want to box up and ship any of this stuff, so a guy would have to come get it in person. It's sad to think, but most of this stuff will end up in the trash when he goes. I definately don't have any room for it all.
I'm thinking I need one of those 1.2m offsets myself:)

Should we send rv1pop over to clean him out? :)

You be sure ya grab a 1.2 - love the molded commercial Ku dishes! ;)

I'm sure rv1pop would find a lot he wants here. :) I'll provide contact info for anyone who PMs and asks. I don't want to post that in open forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)