Craigslist dishes for your perusal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the measurement is correct that Birdview is 9'-6, I have never seen one of those (bigger than 8'-6) "in the flesh". BV did list the 9'-6 size in some of their literature.

Also never seen that logo "The New Birdview". Anyone else seen that? Did BV reorganize or something?

If that reflector has good shape that would be quite a signal catcher.

Thanks for the listings.
I just found two for a guy in the last two months or so.

The first one was an 8'. Gave the guy $25 and pulled it out and filled hole. He was more than happy to let it go.
The second was a 7.5. The woman orig wanted $50 and it was pulled out. See ended up with $40.

Both in good shape and came with mover, LNB's and the 8' had a LNB cover.

So in the end DON'T be too eager and remind them not too many people want them. They want the no thought / no scan time small dishs
Leave a number (google voice has free ones that can be forwarded) and stop by in two or three months see if is still around.

If you have time pull up google maps, Bing, etc and look at arial photos to see if you can spot one.

Good luck.

So in the end DON'T be too eager and remind them not too many people want them. They want the no thought / no scan time small dishs
Leave a number (google voice has free ones that can be forwarded) and stop by in two or three months see if is still around.

Locally I've only seen one BUD advertised on CL. It was a mesh dish and apparently belonged to this person's father, who had since passed on. I think it was a 7 or 8 footer. The person was asking 300 bucks, but didn't offer a phone number. So I had to email him. The following is what I said to him in the email, since I still have a copy in my sent folder. Never heard a word back from him tho.

"Not trying to sound insulting or anything, but depending on how bad you want to get rid of this, you might be better off giving it away. I see abandoned big dishes around here all the time. I currently have a 7 1/2' dish I'm using. It was an abandoned dish someone let me have for free. It's dented from hail storms in the past. Still works good tho, but just doesn't look that great. So if you get to the point that you can't sell this, I might be interested, depending on it's condition, and how hard it is to take down, and of course if it's free. I'm sure your dad would have oeferred this found a good home, than for it to see the scrap pile eventually, or for it to just sit there like that, with no one taking pleasure in it. Since big dishes like this are my hobby as well, I'm sure he would have wanted this dish to go to a good home. So keep me in mind in case no one wants to buy it."

But like I said, the dude never even responded to my email. Maybe I was just being to subtle and my point went over his head? :)

Free - decorative reflector - Port Sanilac, MI

5G75P25Jc3K83p83H3c49f4eb31bcbd2811dd.jpg

Patriotic Themed Satellite Dish - FREE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$200 obo - aluminum 10' - Phoenix, AZ
Weird spider of a mount, but dish sure is pretty.

5N35Gf5H63n83Mf3l1c4c95cc4e083bd412f6.jpg

Satellite Dish large aluminum

Last edited:

View attachment 76168

That spider dish sure is different and kinda cool! I never saw one like that! It is strange that the feedhorn sort of points down towards the ground. Either the dish is stationary or those spider legs actually can walk and point the dish to other satellites. I think that Dee needs a walking dish on her monster farm! :cool:

View attachment 76168

Wow.

I have been looking for a picture of that dish, installed, since I got one exactly like it 2 1/2 years ago.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/187990-10-drake-solid-info-2.html#post1973894

I spoke with the owner a few minutes ago, he is going to send me some more pics and measurement of the spacing of all the "spider" legs.

Thanks, toucan-man! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)