Crap antenna installed

jmhunter83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
I don't know if it is crap, but it looks like it. And it looks like its designed for an RV

check it out
http://www.winegard.com/offair/sensar.htm

he set me up with the 2200, and said that he didn't have a switch to power it with, and i think is going to come back later to install the power switch. Doesn't matter either way. Anyway, just looks like a crap antenna to me. He said its been the standard Voom install antenna since he has been doing it, for a couple of months. He was a expirienced guy, just not in voom.

in the installer defense this is the standard antenna for voom they work pretty good and yeah you are right it is the same antenna they use on a rv. Not sure how may boxes you had put in but if you had at least 3 i can tell you that shipments from voom have be sending out the multi-switch that are no powered so they want work with this but he should have brought on to fix it why he was there.

Yall Are Lucky. My Installer Could Do Nothing To Get Ota. Except Zenith Small Hd Set Top Antenna. And That Was After Three Trips. He Tried To Charge Me 234.95 For Service Calls On What Should Have Been A No Brainer. The 2200 Would Have Probable Worked Had They: Hooked Up The Ground, Bypassed The Diplexers. Or Tried A Cable That They Didnt Pierce All To Hell With Staples. I Would Probably Put Up My Own Outside Antenna If They Had Not Mounted Their Hardware Next To The Power Lines Entering My House. Im Allergic To Being Electrocuted. Thank You Custom Installations For A Quality Install, Not. And Im Sure Voom Would Have Reimbursed Me Some Of That Money Had I Paid You.. ....... Has Anyone Heard Of Situations With New Installs Going Like This. I Am 25 Miles From The Farthest Tower.

that day i did, and it was before i found this forum. when a 16 dollar antenna works and channell masters, square shooters, or anything else they tried dosent work. i think mabey they took my meds. they tried to take advantage of me because they knew i am recovering from 2 broken legs and did not think i would go into my crawl space. i should smite them with my light sabre.

darthsammy said:
Yall Are Lucky. My Installer Could Do Nothing To Get Ota. Except Zenith Small Hd Set Top Antenna. And That Was After Three Trips. He Tried To Charge Me 234.95 For Service Calls On What Should Have Been A No Brainer. The 2200 Would Have Probable Worked Had They: Hooked Up The Ground, Bypassed The Diplexers. Or Tried A Cable That They Didnt Pierce All To Hell With Staples. I Would Probably Put Up My Own Outside Antenna If They Had Not Mounted Their Hardware Next To The Power Lines Entering My House. Im Allergic To Being Electrocuted. Thank You Custom Installations For A Quality Install, Not. And Im Sure Voom Would Have Reimbursed Me Some Of That Money Had I Paid You.. ....... Has Anyone Heard Of Situations With New Installs Going Like This. I Am 25 Miles From The Farthest Tower.

First off sorry about your bad luck even sorrier you had a bad install. Where are you locate first of off need a zip code may i can help with your problem

tyork

darthsammy said:
bastardos
lol. i am just kidding. are you bi-polar by any chance?

or was your first post made on a pc that happens to capitalize every word and then make your second post from a different pc that doesn't have a shift key? :D

and then your third post comes from a pc with the language set to spanish. :eek:

While it looks very similar, I don't think mine looks as "cheap" as that one does. I don't know the model number of mine, but I think it's the "standard". Maybe it's just a bad picture (and mine isn't the greatest), but what I see on that page seems a little different to me...

voom.jpg

gs2200.jpg

BTW, my antenna gives me 90+ signal strength from about 45 miles from the towers. I've had absolutely no OTA problems since install last June.

the one you have installed is the older model this one has replaced the one like you and i have found work just as good or better

Well. I guess I am complaining because I can't get CBS. There is a lil hill right next to me, if it wasn't there I would have a LOS to the CBS tower, which is only about 10 miles away. Do you think a highly directional UHF antenna (its located at 32) could durn through the hill enough. From rabbit ears in my upstairs bedroom, I slightly have a signal on 46 (the analog version). should I call and beg for an 8 bay UHF in addition to my Sensar II (because my other 2 channels are VHF)? I also noticed they put on an all in one diplexer to the back of my Motorola Box, and there is still a port open that says "UHF". Can you just plug in an extra UHF antenna here, or do you need a special signal combiner still?

VOOM installed on Monday,had everything done for the installer so that all he had to do was to put the dish on the mast I had mounted and tighten it up.I set up the stb he went ahead and called VOOM to activate stb and we let it do it's downloads in the mean time(I installed the OTA before for D*)Dish signal 97,OTA channels average strength 92-101(yeah 101-seems as 100 should be the top)OTA channels received -19, guess I did good and they are still dragging thier feet about self installs----they would have many,many more subs if they had

thanx

TYORK said:
First off sorry about your bad luck even sorrier you had a bad install. Where are you locate first of off need a zip code may i can help with your problem

tyork

my zip is 23139, about 15 miles from antenna farm fox,abc,cbs. afew more to nbc 2 degees angle diference. and upn is sort of ld 20 degrees or so further off angle from the 1st farm. lotsa trees in my yard also. antenna guide suggest red code. thank you for any help you can give, sam

answers for ronald jeremy

Ronald_Jeremy said:
lol. i am just kidding. are you bi-polar by any chance?

or was your first post made on a pc that happens to capitalize every word and then make your second post from a different pc that doesn't have a shift key? :D

and then your third post comes from a pc with the language set to spanish. :eek:

i assure you i am not bi-polar nor am i omni or multi directional
i have never had relations with a polar bear {male or female}
although the one chick bear in the x-mas coke ads sparked some interest so i might be hetro-polar.

i have been using multple computers at work to uh-work with.
and i jest kant tipe gud. i dont need no capitalizing neither
im also a newbie to the forum and voom. so ive learented jest inuf to hurt my self. and piss off my fiance. no ota for whatever she wants to watch. and shes mexican american.
i hope this post explains a little. sorry its so long. im at work. i have more time on my hands. no hdtv here. but im working on it.

Help...I've fallen...and I can't get up!

darthsammy said:
i assure you i am not bi-polar nor am i omni or multi directional
i have never had relations with a polar bear {male or female}
although the one chick bear in the x-mas coke ads sparked some interest so i might be hetro-polar.

i have been using multple computers at work to uh-work with.
and i jest kant tipe gud. i dont need no capitalizing neither
im also a newbie to the forum and voom. so ive learented jest inuf to hurt my self. and piss off my fiance. no ota for whatever she wants to watch. and shes mexican american.
i hope this post explains a little. sorry its so long. im at work. i have more time on my hands. no hdtv here. but im working on it.
ROFL!! :D :cool: Still on the floor...was able to reach keyboard to type this, but laughing continues...hope to be up by tomorrow!! ;)

Also hope you get your problems fixed! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts