Crappy Service already

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Well, finally got our basic cable and cable internet hooked up. It was supposed to be from 8-12 as my install time, but no call/no show by 12, so I called up to see what was going on and was told that the tech was running behind (surprise surprise) and that there was nothing they could do, so they said to give it 20-30 min. So I call back at 1pm and was told that the tech was in my area but was about to go to lunch, to give him another hour. I was not pleased one bit but did find out that they do have an on-time guarantee so I will be getting $20 off our bill next month.

So the tech finally shows up at 2pm, 2 hours late, and goes to do his job. It takes him 30 min to find our cable lines at the tap (we have an A/B system here) but when he hooks up my TV we don't get a picture. It works fine if I'm on our master antenna here. So he tries our bedroom cable outlet and same thing. So he gets on the phone with his supervisor and he decides to run a cable straight from the tap to our TV. That works, so there's an issue with the inside wiring on both outlets. So now I have a temporary cable run outside our balcony door down the building around the building to the tap. The tech said it could be 7-10 days before they can fix it (yeah right) so I called to register my modem (so much for the wasted $10 self install kit I was forced to purchase) so I told the tech about what was going on, on the phone and he went ahead and scheduled the truck roll for this. He never told me a date/time they were going to fix this. So right now I have a cable just dangling from our balcony. I am not happy.

I'm still not happy about the tech being 2 hours late with no call. I'm trying to see if I can get the self install kit refunded since I didn't use it, plus making sure I get their on time guarantee credit.

This is one of the reasons I will not pay for digital cable. I have NEVER, EVER had this problem with Directv. I can't wait to get that hooked back up at our new place.

i had a problem with my install back in june to and i had a rude installer. but for the first time our cable went out maybe because of these t storms we been getting and the rain. but when i had voom we lost service 1 time and that was because of snow after that we never lost service or we did and i didnt notice because we were watching ota at the time.
here in pg county maryland service is pretty good still no tnthd but other than that no complaints.

I accidently cut thru my cable while doing some transplanting. Called and got it repaired the same day. No complaints here. Both the original installer and the service tech were super friendly. Couldn't ask for more.

Well, I don't think 7-10 days is acceptable to get this issue fixed. I know my apartment complex wouldn't apprieciate a cable hanging off the building. If no one contacts me about that by Thursday I'm going to be pissed.

I had a problem with the inside wires not being suitable to carry HD signal, so they had to run new wires to the three install spots, then it worked well. 7-10 days is not that bad compared to what I faced. the orange cable sat on the lawn for about 4 weeks, when I called to complain after one week, I was told they needed Ms. Utility to come out and mark the ground to avoid cutting utility cables. When they actually showed up to burry the cable, no Ms. Utility markings were ever seen. All n All, I'm pleased with the package for under $40 I get HD DVR, two HD set tops, HBO and Showtime. But I still miss all the HD I had with voom. Bottom line the price is right for a year and after that maybe someone will have a good HD package.

that is a good price. 40 bucks is cheaper than what i got with brighthouse cable, however, i got all the movie channels and indemand.

It wouldn't be so bad I guess if we were in a house out in the country, but we are in an apartment building, and I'm sure our neighbors aren't pleased with it.

UNDER $40 - mikenewy

How did you get your cable monthly fee under $40.....I got mine right at $60 and I thought I was doing good??? I have one HDTV Box, 1 standard box, and HBO???

Do you have comcast???

BC

Well, since no one from Comcrap decided to call me back like they promised (surprise surprise) I called them back. I got the $20 credit for the on time guarantee and am working on getting a refund on the POS self install kit that didnt work anyway.

They told me it would take a week for them to come out and fix our wiring. I told them to try again. So now I'm waiting on a supervisor to call me back. I am NOT happy. But then again they are my only source for broadband so it's like I'm stuck. :(

Neutron, your Comcast tech was only 2 hours late? Man, where can I get outstanding Comcast service like that?

That is sad to hear. Directv has never ever been late the few times we've had them come out for stuff. When they schedule 8-12 they're here usually by 9:30 at the latest.

When I moved over to Comcast back in February, they came 2 hours early. They actually called to make sure that was OK. All is not not negative, many things about them are pretty cool.

nuetron, i have just moved out not too far away from you i think(marsh and trinity mills)-i was sposed to have comcast come out to install basic locals and localHD service to two TVs last thursday...when no one showed, I get on the horn-whassup, fellas???seems I rescheduled the install for a saturday two weeks later!!!!!amazing what one does when they are asleep, drunk or high, cause i certainly don't remember doing this when in control of my faculties-so I go up the ladder trying to find out what's going on and after NOT getting a call back from a supervisor, I finally get one on the phone-wwho then tells me I am a liar and trying to question his integrity!!!!After several calls, I finally get a thru to a csr who tells me that the real reason they resceduled was because one of their contractors quit them(i suspect non payment issues, as the cables are wont to do this)...well, they are now scheduled for early august, unless i "call" them up again and change the appt...now if only that dishmover techiue would get here-he's only two hours late!!!!!

Ugh, ordered cable a week ago, got a good deal, but was given the time between 8-12, and it is currently 12:30, and no show or call. I call, and they tell me it'll be at least another hour. I have an appointment at 1, so I can't do it, and I've already lost today's day off. Now they don't have openings for tomorow and I'm on hold, and I'm wishing that DirecTV had better HD offerings...

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Keep a look out for Directv's offerings for this fall. What area are you located at?

I'm in Chicago, so the Locals should be some of the first. But man, Comcast contacted me, they tried working something out for today, and I can't even put into words in the nightmare it's been, which is still going right now, with me on with a CSR, at 10:30 pm. I'm giving them tomorow, but only because the monthly deal is so good

Thanks for the welcome :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)