credit card needed???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What's your problem, Dude?! !
My problem is ! Its not true! No Way is it True! You can't check someones credit without a SSN!
(f) Consents Regarding Credit. In order to establish an account with us, you authorize us to inquire into your creditworthiness (subject to Section 6), by checking with credit reporting agencies. If you are delinquent in any payment to us, you also authorize us to report any late payment or nonpayment to credit reporting agencies. Due to the subjective nature of creditworthiness, we reserve the right to require pre-payment for any Service via cashier's check, money order, or credit card, notwithstanding your credit rating, past history or practice.

Last edited:
Well, Obviously they did not check my credit! Why is that so hard to understand. If I don't pay my bill, then they cut my service.

I never said they did a credit check on me. I said they set my account up with no credit check via a phone call setup. Why? I don't know, but they did!

Why do you want to argue about a credit check that did not happen? I replied to the OP, not you, that sometimes they don't do a credit check (overworked, new hire, doesn't give a sh*t, whatever). They did not ask me to do anything but give billing info.

Now, let me get on to watching my HD!

The bottom line for both sides is:

you both got your DBS services, so no one cares how it happened. There really is no need to argue about ANY MORE for us or the OP's benefit. The point is almost 99% of the time DirecTV DOES require the info and will perform due diligence. Note I said 99%, so that leaves enough room for the very, very rare exception they they didn't; no matter why.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)