Credit Check New Sub, Not qualify for clubdish

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I submitted an order online for new dish service (new customer) had dish 2001-2003 with NO late pays. They e-mailed me and said:

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your order at this time due to the credit score not meeting the scoring criteria for this particular promotion. If you would like to learn more about other options and alternate promotions you could qualify for please feel free to contact us at 888-347-4881.

Gabriel Villarreal

DishTV Customer Support - EchoStar Communications Corp.

So, I called, they said that I didnt qualify for this promotion but another "great promotion" where I pay $199 equipment fee, and they give me a $5 credit on each bill for a full year. No commitment and I would own the equipment. What gives, I dont remember them checking credit before, and I couldn't find any threads about this. They told me to call the experian department to find out why. I told him I would know why, because my wife and I filed for bankruptcy about 2 years ago, he told me he knows of people who filed bankruptcy months ago and still qualify. This was for the digital home advantage plan.

From my experences the minimum score you can have to qualify is about 550. We tested this with two employees one had a score of about 520 and another with 552 the 552 employee qualifies. Both had recently had credit reports pulled on them before we tested.

sfollenius said:
Would this be considered a lease? Is that why they do a credit check? I remember when you get equipment free with a comittment, guess there aren't many options.
Yes all new customer promos are leases except for your "great promotion" option, But you've gotta figure Dish has a pretty high aquisition cost if you were just to get 1 standard single tuner rec ($99) 1 dish 500 ($99)and install (anywhere from $75 to $125) dish has to pay out over $275 just to get you as a customer. Not including HD or DVR's or all the freebees you get as a new or returning customer.

ITK said:
I quailfied after a BK with a CS of 512
They may look at other criteria like late utilities payments etc. But im not sure.

I don't think Dish (Equifax) looks at the score at all.
If the card has available credit it usually passes the check.
Had one customer (card rejected) cuz it was maxxed out. A second card passed okay.
Some debit cards have recently passed alright recently, but they didn'y in the past

fred

Thanks this was a debit card, and I used my new address (I am moving in a week) and that is not yet updated on my card. I havent seen an attempt to charge my card online banking (its real time). So if i reorder, using my wifes name and put correct billing address it may work I guess.

If they dont look at the score then why do they need Equifax, or a customers ssn? Of course they check credit the CC is just there to verify funds. Ive had customers fraudulenty try to use other family member cards to qualify. If a csutomer doesnt have money on their card it will come up as a Credit Hold Failure not A does not qualify error.

onsiteSat said:
dish has to pay out over $275 just to get you as a customer. .

Not true, dish spends $600 per customer to bring them in and breaking even varies based on amount of equipment used, programming ordered, and if there are any service calls in the first year. Where dish does make an immediate profit at is with specific sales partners that dish has had for a couple of years now.

Hmmm. I can now get equivalent equipment for the same cost with D*, anyone know if they still do a credit check when you buy their equipment? It should be that big of deal if I pay $199 for HD IRD and stnd ird. I am thinking of doing this for ESPN2HD. But then again, I have though of waiting for MPEG4 IRD's, maybe hte price on the HD PVR will drop with D*

DTV Also does a credit check I don't know the score their looking for but I have not had anyone rejected yet.
If you were to be rejected they do have a cash option.

If I were you I would wait for the mpeg 4 HD receiver since you will have to buy it yourself DTV doesn't have a lease option and who know if there will be a trade in credit.

Van said:
Not true, dish spends $600 per customer to bring them in and breaking even varies based on amount of equipment used, programming ordered, and if there are any service calls in the first year. Where dish does make an immediate profit at is with specific sales partners that dish has had for a couple of years now.

He was giving a "bare minimum" acquisition cost. Both DBS companies average approx. $600 SAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)