Cricket on D*!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramcm7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
I just visited the new International Services on the D* web site and saw this at the bottom of the page:
"Cricket
DIRECTV is proud to offer select Cricket games. Call 1-888-244-0530 to learn about matches and pricing."

I called and learned that for $199, we can get around five tours, including the tours to Australia this year, starting this week with New Zealand visiting. At this point, my UltimateTV receivers do not appear compatible with the 95 satellite where the cricket will be broadcast, so I may have to swap them out for DTiVo's. (I will not be up at all hours to watch live from Australia.) I will also need a new multiswitch, but things are looking good. Thank you DirecTV!

@party

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packages/international_services.dsp

This is interesting..
All new international programming will be broadcast from the 95-degree West Longitude (WL) orbital slot, requiring customers to use a new 36-inch dish capable of receiving programming from 95 degrees WL

The 95 degree satellite is for lots of international programming under the umbrella name "WorldDirect". We already have Hindi, Vietnamese, Tami and Cricket available on the 95 degree satellite.

Soon we will have German, Italian, French several Arabic and many other foreign language programming packages all on the 95 degree bird.

Yes, DIRECTV has a new 36" round dish that sees the 95/101 orbital slots.

-Robert

Robert,
have you set up any 95 dishes yet? If so, how is the PQ and compression? Is a smaller dish possible if I already get the 101 with a Phase III dish? I believe the 36" dish sees both the 101 and the 95.

South Asian programming is defintely good news! If only they could also get Sony and Zee into their mix, I shall switch!

A 30" dish works great as a fixed dish at 93W (G3C) there are three CCTV (Chinese) channels there Free to Air-KU and they are some of the strongest signals "up there" The 36" will be used to catch the two satellites at the same time. I agree very interesting! Robert let me know the minute they have UK programming there and I will be signing up again to DirecTV : )

http://www.lyngsat.com/g3c.html

I am very curious about this. (especially the possibility of UK programming) I just purchased the new HD Direct Tivo and have the 3 lnb phase III dish, will the new 36" dish be compatible with my new Tivo and still hit all the satellites I need for the HD content as well?

Hopefullly when Robert see the new 36" dish he can get a photo and post it. :) (Hint Hint)

You know the funny part of this is DIRECTV's engineering department is STILL denying the existance of this 36" Dish (and have been ever since I broke the news before CEDIA)

VewDew said:
I am very curious about this. (especially the possibility of UK programming) I just purchased the new HD Direct Tivo and have the 3 lnb phase III dish, will the new 36" dish be compatible with my new Tivo and still hit all the satellites I need for the HD content as well?

You will need to set up the 36" dish near the 18x20 and integrate the 95 degree signal with a 6x8 flexport matrix multi-switch.

I'll try to take some photo's tomorrow and post them. We have done about 20 95/101 new systems to date.

-Robert

Setup: 95 and 72.5

VewDew said:

This thread on DBSTalk has some great wiring diagrams and instructions...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=33842

and this one:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=35093

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
You will need to set up the 36" dish near the 18x20 and integrate the 95 degree signal with a 6x8 flexport matrix multi-switch.

I'll try to take some photo's tomorrow and post them. We have done about 20 95/101 new systems to date.

-Robert

Okay, now we need a 36" Dish next to our 18x20 Dish to get the 95 degree signal......thats two dishes along with multi-switches/cables & if you need the 72.5 degree bird for locals....thats 3 dish's......when the new "bird" is up next Spring, then what? Don't forget a second "bird" by the end of next year also........any ideas on how many dish's we'll have on our roofs, or will we keep our oval dish & just add LNB's.....?
Am i getting worried?

Barney

Cricket Schedule

I put the expected matches on an excel spreadsheet and saved it as a pdf. Totally unofficial and may change, your mileage may vary, no purchase necessary in New Jersey (offer not valid in New Jersey), etc. (Yes, I actually heard those last two NJ bits consecutively in a radio ad.)

Print on 11x17, if you can. Lot's of cricket over the holidays. Time to upgrade the TiVo :D

Attachments

• Cricket Ticket 2004-2005.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 216
Call and find out. When I called, there was no such offer, but I read elsewhere of Someone getting monthly credits totalling the dish price if they committ to a year of programming that included international programming on the new sat. I got a letter implying that yesterday from D* saying I committed to such, when I did not commit to any international channels, only a year of Total Choice + locals. Unless they offer more compelling international content (int'l sports!), I only got the new dish for the cricket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)