Cross Reference Chart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

beavs2112

Addicted to Legal FTA
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
London Ontario Canada
Hi all.

I was doing some research on buried cable and compression connectors for my new FTA system. I did a search on this forum for the connector part numbers for RG-11 buried cable but came up empty. A rep from Ideal Industries sent me this connector and cable cross reference chart. Use at your own discretion since i cannot verify all the info contained. I am not trying to endorse Ideal I just thought it might save some other members some grief finding out the cable and connectors they have don't match up. I did receive e-mail permission from the Ideal sales rep to share the file.

Regards.

Attachments

• IDEAL Compression Connector to Cable XRefPN.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,227
Interesting chart, there has been big discussions on compression fitting in this forum but actually they have never been my main concern. I'm sure Anole will come up with a reference on that.
My view is that the cable is more important and when I buy coax I deem these the most important factors.
1 the centre conductor must be copper and not copper plated steel.
2 the shield foil should be copper and not aluminium
3 the shield mesh should be a dense weave.
4 the dielectric should be solid not air spaced

I do not believe in direct burial despite what the manufacturers might say since sched 40 tube with glued joints throughout is relatively cheap and so much easier to re thread and add more cables. In fact Canada has different burial rules to the US and you can use flexible plastic pipe whic is even cheaper and easier.
I use cable made in the USA and Italy since their manufacturing standards and quality are far superior . Buying cable manufactured in China is a sheer waste of money. The losses and variable specific resistance in these cables can be ridiculous. We all strive to get the best from our equipment so why add a negative factor with second rate cable. I have tested many manufacturers cables in both Michigan's winter and Cyprus' summer and certainly the heat is the most damaging causing the outer casing to degrade and become porous over time usualy 4/5 years. For some reason China seem unable to make decent plastic or rubber (don't even try their tires) and their cable due to many problems is no longer imported into Cyprus or other countries in the EU.

Interesting chart, there has been big discussions on compression fitting in this forum but actually they have never been my main concern. I'm sure Anole will come up with a reference on that.
My view is that the cable is more important and when I buy coax I deem these the most important factors.
1 the centre conductor must be copper and not copper plated steel.
2 the shield foil should be copper and not aluminium
3 the shield mesh should be a dense weave.
4 the dielectric should be solid not air spaced

I do not believe in direct burial despite what the manufacturers might say since sched 40 tube with glued joints throughout is relatively cheap and so much easier to re thread and add more cables. In fact Canada has different burial rules to the US and you can use flexible plastic pipe whic is even cheaper and easier.
I use cable made in the USA and Italy since their manufacturing standards and quality are far superior . Buying cable manufactured in China is a sheer waste of money. The losses and variable specific resistance in these cables can be ridiculous. We all strive to get the best from our equipment so why add a negative factor with second rate cable. I have tested many manufacturers cables in both Michigan's winter and Cyprus' summer and certainly the heat is the most damaging causing the outer casing to degrade and become porous over time usualy 4/5 years. For some reason China seem unable to make decent plastic or rubber (don't even try their tires) and their cable due to many problems is no longer imported into Cyprus or other countries in the EU.

ive never paid that much attention to my coax before. can you pm me a manufacturers link or an estore that ships good cable to canada ? thanks.

crackt out,.

Mike > Your teacher must have had a brother my side of the pond. Hope you had a good holiday

Seriously it amazes me how some people will spend a fortune on LNBs for minor gains when their cable looses 15dBuV over 100 feet

Mike > Your teacher must have had a brother my side of the pond. Hope you had a good holiday

Seriously it amazes me how some people will spend a fortune on LNBs for minor gains when their cable looses 15dBuV over 100 feet
Hi Pedro,
It was very cold in Florida this year, I had two warm pool days out of 28 days.

I did pick up my 1.2 Prodelin dish from General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies warehouse in Newton, NC. Here are a couple of pictures of their products that were in the back of the warehouse. I purchased the 1130 RO/dish, check out the spec's.

http://www.gdsatcom.com/Antennas/Data_Sheets/76-1-12ro.pdf

Attachments

• 2010_0301_kids_0023.JPG
    2010_0301_kids_0023.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 2010_0301_kids_0025.JPG
    2010_0301_kids_0025.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 129
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts