cross site scripting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
It just started a few minutes ago. When I change pages here at satelliteguys, I get a info box, "internet explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross site scripting". Anyone know what that's all about?

It just started a few minutes ago. When I change pages here at satelliteguys, I get a info box, "internet explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross site scripting". Anyone know what that's all about?

Mine started doing that yesterday. Same message.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

Firefox has taken my password here for years with no issues (until I have to change it and forgot what password I used here) ;)

Firefox has taken my password here for years with no issues (until I have to change it and forgot what password I used here) ;)

I think that's my problem, I'm going to try a couple more passwords tonight! :D

I'd still like to know what the "cross site scripting" thing is all about though.

...and as soon as I mention it, it pops up with every page change now! :rant:
I did Firefox for years and loved it but the last month or so Chrome has won me over. Firefox has been sluggish for me lately and am a little tired of the constant updates. You tried chrome euro? It's better than before.

I wonder if this is related to the Facebook tracking that I see when I use IE elsewhere. Like the old joke goes,
Patient: "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Don't do that."

Don't use IE on the I.

Let me know if this is still happening...

I haven't been around the past few days and it seems like something was strange in the cache. I cleared the cache and the issues I was seeing went away. (So hopefully that was the issue) :)

I suggest using anything other than internet explorer.Firefox,Chrome,Safari,and Opera,are much better imo.

I did Firefox for years and loved it but the last month or so Chrome has won me over. Firefox has been sluggish for me lately and am a little tired of the constant updates. You tried chrome euro? It's better than before.
I downloaded Chrome recently but haven't really played with it yet.

I've been using Chrome for a couple of years. It's been much cleaner than other browsers.

I like users who continue to use Internet Explorer. They pay me to wipe their computers and start over every 6-12 months.... They ask how to stop it from happening and I tell them "stop using Internet Explorer" and most reply with, "but, I, uhhhh..." and have no good reason. I just shrug my shoulders and let them be.

A few (that I didn't want to deal with anymore) I actually installed Firefox, changed the desktop and start menu icons to read "Internet Explorer", changed the icon to IE's icon, installed an IE theme to FF and they're none the wiser !! Well, at least that I know of 'cause I haven't heard from them since. :D

Naughty Boy!

I tried that once. Would have probably gotten away with it if I'd remembered to change the theme........ <sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)