CS6100 factory default settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Im struggling with setting up my CS6100.
I havent yet got my BUD to pull in Ku so I figured
I would try it out on C band.
10ft dish
Co rotor with 17* Cal Amp LNB C band
6* Norsat LNB Ku band

Im slaving the CS off my DSR 920,using it for dish positioning.

Last night I picked up a few channels off G0 and went back with receiver and a small TV at the dish today and get nothing.
It says "no signal" .When it scans it says 0 channels found.
I was scrolling thru the channel list it had last night and a couple of them were listed as "Firmware update"
could it be possible tuning to one of these channels has corrupted my firmware?
I only had it there for a few seconds but I dont know how this is set up.
I powered it down and turned the switch off to reset but when it came back up it asked for a smart card.I ve never seen it ask for something like that before.

Anything's possible, but I don't think that is what that particular channel is for, I have run across it before on blind-scanning too.

What do you think has made it go braindead?
I took a pic of all the properties but unless someone
has the same unmodified CS6100 to I dont know what to look for.

good question, have you tried unplugging it from the outlet for a couple of min to see if it will reset itself? I've never had an fta box ask for a smart card before either, so that's a question for the whole panel lol.
Try google if your manual doesn't address it, I will search a bit too and see what turns up.

edit to add : Nothing on google about that problem, I dl the 6100 manual from coolsat>but it is a pdf-scanned copy that starts on page 12-connections and goes to the end, page 27, it also doesn't mention a problem like that. Also d/l the current factory software for the 6100, it is v-105. If your box doesn't straighten out you might have to try installing it by your computer. (this apparently voids the warranty also, unless a 'factory authorized service-person' installs it.)

Last edited:
The CS6100 has a function in it to reset the system. Have you tried using that feature?

Sounds like you may have gotten a clone. Crack open the case and check to see if it is clone or the real thing.

After leaving it unplugged for a few hours its come back OK
It shouldnt be a clone as the dealer I bought it from is reputable
and is an authorized CS dealer.
But anythings possible,whats the telltale signs?
BTW I did get a manual,factory warranty papers,
and an offer for an extended warranty,etc.

Last edited:
thanks I emailed them with my serial #
Best to find out right away if its a clone.

well its offical the tech guys at CS are clueless.
I sent them my serial # and asked if they could verify authenticity
I got a reply"
[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]Dear customer,[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]Please, go to our website which is Coolsat USA - Official Web Site of Free To Air Satellite Receivers[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]There are some pictures that you can compair.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]Freetech Customer Service Dept."

you would think they would try and help anyone with this question.
[/FONT]

I didnt see anything on the CS6100.
Wouldnt you think they would be able to tell by a serial#?

I dont see anything on the 6100.

wouldnt you think they could do this with the serial#?

What if the people who make clones bought a few real receivers and used the same serial number?

I would look to see if the connector color and the optical connector look like anything in the pictures.

The info on clones is for 6000 not 6100
My 6100 has a beige connector and the optical connector is correct "U"
so it has both features of a cloned and a real 6000.
I looked up the dealer on the Coolsat site and they are one of the few thats authorized

BTW I did get a manual,factory warranty papers,
and an offer for an extended warranty,etc.

well it was kinda weird to read they wanted to sale you an extended warranty on a unit that has a 5 year warranty. unless it was warranty work they would provide right there for no cost or just "exchange it"type of warranty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)