CS8000 config question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
It's driving me crazy. I reset to defaults on my CS8000, figuring I'll use it almost entirely for the mini-BUD C-band setup, and now I can't figure out how to get rid of the "tuning assistance tone" or whatever it's called.
I had it turned off on previously, so it MUST be possible, but braindead me, I can't find it.
Help ?!
:)

I'd like to know too. Since I upgraded a while back I lost that option to turn it off

annoying as hell

Yeah, the dogs and cats leave the room in a hurry. A nasty tone. Well I'm watching the Braves - RedSox game using a newly loaded May hacker firmware, which turns off the beep.
I scanned in 91W, 99W , 121W and 131W so far without a problem. That's about all the C-band I get ( that I want ) .

It's driving me crazy. I reset to defaults on my CS8000, figuring I'll use it almost entirely for the mini-BUD C-band setup, and now I can't figure out how to get rid of the "tuning assistance tone" or whatever it's called.
I had it turned off on previously, so it MUST be possible, but braindead me, I can't find it.
Help ?!

Brentb, I am presently doing C Band on a mini-bud. I am using a Primestar 84e dish and SG2100 HH motor, and the C2 Geo LNB. And my CS8000 box.
All I can get is G16 , 99W (WHT-1 and 2, WAPA, Lesea, and three odd channels), and Satmex 6, 113W (Imagen screen, and maybe two spanish channels). I tried to tune in G13, G14, G18, G23, Satmex 5, and others but no luck. I was inspired by PSB threads at VisionPlus.com.
I don't know if I am not fully on the arc. How are doing on the sats you are watching?

I get quite a bit on 91W ( G17) but mostly encrypted.
Same as you on 99W plus the Virgin Island networks channels.
121W has SportsTime Ohio STO in SD but can't get the HD STO at good enought Q to view without breakup ( so far) , plus several other channels. I've also picked up advertised occasional feeds on AMC6 and AMC 11.
Since I'm mostly interested in picking up the sports feeds, I'm pretty happy with it. Only problem is that my Ku band sucks if I optimize the C-band , so far.
On days that I know there is nothing much on the Cband stuff that I can get, I switch back to my Ku lnbf and watch the booming signals come in.
Do you have a conical scalar ring on your lnbf? That makes all the difference in the world. I get about 18Q points with the scalar optimized.

Brent
You should be able to get a stable STO HD...the skew may be a little different which may hinder the quality on a couple other channels possibly but I have been able to keep it stable on the 8000 even with a 12-14 quality

Brent, I used the BSC621-2 at first and was only getting C-Band. I couldn't figure out how to set the DiSEqC switch in the CS8000 receiver. I was suppose to set port one for C-Band and port two for Ku Band but couldn't get it to work. So I used the GeoSat C2 LNB and now getting somewhere.

Brent
You should be able to get a stable STO HD...the skew may be a little different which may hinder the quality on a couple other channels possibly but I have been able to keep it stable on the 8000 even with a 12-14 quality

Thanks Tony,
It's close to watchable, so I'll fiddle with the skew later today and see if I can get it. Mostly I just use it for Peachtree and STO , anyway, and both of those are powerful enough to still be there with a skew "slippage" [edit] GOT IT ! , Thanks, Tony , fiddling with the skew got me about 5 more Q points, and that's all it took to stabilize it.

Last edited:
yep thats what I noticed too. The SD feed stays pretty good and Sportsman drops when skewing more but you get STO HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts