hackers bite the dust

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I saw on one of the "other sites" that all the Dishnetwork PPV channels have been switched to the new encryption today>boy are they moaning and crying lol. I wonder if feebay will have a firesale now of ex-hackers.....from what I read most of the reg channels on DN have already switched so they got mostly nothing to steal now. Makes my day!

I saw on one of the "other sites" that all the Dishnetwork PPV channels have been switched to the new encryption today>boy are they moaning and crying lol. I wonder if feebay will have a firesale now of ex-hackers.....from what I read most of the reg channels on DN have already switched so they got mostly nothing to steal now. Makes my day!

Cool deal. So you go in hacker sites? Why would you if I may ask. :confused:

Most of the hacker sites have True FTA areas, and some of the people are quite knowledgeable. You probably know them by other names. A good chance to spread the word, and gloat over things that hackers can't get on their little dishes , and maybe generate a little interest in a real hobby.
:)

Why would I read hacker site? Curiosity, there's nothing bad about reading 'what the other side' is up to. And secondly, for a good laugh. Sometimes they have some really creative reasons for what they like to call 'testing', haha.

I see, but when sites get taken over by feds like I've seen in yahoo I would be scared that my IP would show up even as you say that you visit as curiosity.

I'm not worried. Heck I read there to see then quiver when they go down :)
Once in a blue while they had a factory software upgrade for the 8000 before Coolsat did....so what does that tell you? ;)

...Sometimes they have some really creative reasons for what they like to call 'testing', haha.

Like how convert old DTV or dishnetwork boxes to Pansat:)... I must read now very much before all that tech disappear from internet....

hurry!:rolleyes:

why the hack sites?

I have found the following:

- current status of "support" for various receivers. (lets me know which should be available cheaply, or go up in price)
- how to wire up independent power to SG2100 motor, so your PCI card doesn't have to supply motor current.
- mods to various diseqc switches, to be more sensitive to the low 22khz from Twinhan PCI cards/boxes
- drawing showing how to remove and replace an LNB+bracket, while keeping the same focal point (shown below).
- various tips on mounting multiple LNBs on a dish (they like to get 82°/91°, & 110°/119°/129°/148°, for example)
- creative switching ideas
- Often you'll find support for OCS/DP LNBs (bandstacked) which the official firmware release never gets.

BUT, sometimes things like switch or motor support are left by the roadside.
Some receiver manufacturers don't test nor care about non-hack support, and it's those receivers I like to steer folks away from.

The best over-all support is right here, though.
I've never seen a friendlier and more helpful bunch of experienced folks.
So, stay here, and if we find anything on the vast network of hack sites, anything useful to FTAers, we'll bring it. - :up

Attachments

• Making a template for the focal point.JPG
    Making a template for the focal point.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 376
Why would I read hacker site? Curiosity, there's nothing bad about reading 'what the other side' is up to. And secondly, for a good laugh. Sometimes they have some really creative reasons for what they like to call 'testing', haha.

Same here, also fun to boast that my system has never gone down....

I just hope that the new security is locked down long enough for FTA prices to sink like a stone.

I really want a cheap HD receiver that can do DVB-S2.

We all know that switch fromt he blue cards to the yellow card didn't last long before hackers broke the system.

Out of curiosity, I googled for some "Eye-Patch" stuff and found this on one of the sites:
FTA Status -18- June - 2009

New Reports That All DN
has Now Moved all Channels To N3 June 18th 2009
** More Info To Follow Soon - Please stay close **​
Stand Alone = Down
DN = Down
All Channels Moved To N3 = Scrambled

BEV = Down
All Channels Moved To N3 = Scrambled

I like it ...:D:up Take THAT you wooden leggers!

FTA is DOWN!

I just got some more desperate SPAM saying FTA is DOWN! and that they are working on new updates as soon as possible.

The pirates must be blind in both eyes. Arrrrrrrr.

I'm watching FTA right now. :D

LOL

I like the ones who post stuff like " I have moved my DN dish to 123 and STILL can't get any tv-could something be wrong with my dishpro lnb? " LOL
They really have no clue what fta is.

I like the ones who post stuff like " I have moved my DN dish to 123 and STILL can't get any tv-could something be wrong with my dishpro lnb? " LOL
They really have no clue what fta is.

Hopefully you tried to help him with the info that his dish and LNB are useless for true FTA. He'll need at least a 30-inch dish and linear LNB.
BTW, what satellite WAS your Ultra aimed at before AMC6?

Ultra not in use since I got the Icon for Christmas. I used it for about 2yrs as my full time scanning receiver, until I found out how much it misses on blind-scans lol. Why don't you go ahead and ask if I had it plugged into a pizza dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)