hackers bite the dust

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Like how convert old DTV or dishnetwork boxes to Pansat:)... I must read now very much before all that tech disappear from internet....

hurry!:rolleyes:

Actually, none of the cloned IRD's in their proof of concept projects will blindscan like a Pansat 25 or 2700 can, nor will it have the RS-232 data port. Doesn't matter if all you need is something that works for FTA channels that don't change parameters or sats much. I periodically checked their work in progress, to see if anything close to a flexible FTA unit would result, because the older units that can be converted are so common and generally free. Most of their work was incomplete and focused toward THEIR goal. Until near the end, there was a good effort to make a stable unit AND one that would allow symbol rate entry - not just 20M. As far as I know, that was a success, but the site has disappeared. It's still going on though, if you hunt around. The point I should make is that there was an interest to make a REAL FTA unit out of a DN IRD, because that had not been done very well. And that is what they are good for now, only TRUE FTA. Another thing, over the years, the conversion project was stolen from another group of coders, who started the effort and encrypted their work. But of course, their protected files were hacked by their own blood. No honor among thieves.

-sidha

Actually, none of the cloned IRD's in their proof of concept projects will blindscan like a Pansat 25 or 2700 can, nor will it have the RS-232 data port. Doesn't matter if all you need is something that works for FTA channels that don't change parameters or sats much. I periodically checked their work in progress, to see if anything close to a flexible FTA unit would result, because the older units that can be converted are so common and generally free. Most of their work was incomplete and focused toward THEIR goal. Until near the end, there was a good effort to make a stable unit AND one that would allow symbol rate entry - not just 20M. As far as I know, that was a success, but the site has disappeared. It's still going on though, if you hunt around. The point I should make is that there was an interest to make a REAL FTA unit out of a DN IRD, because that had not been done very well. And that is what they are good for now, only TRUE FTA. Another thing, over the years, the conversion project was stolen from another group of coders, who started the effort and encrypted their work. But of course, their protected files were hacked by their own blood. No honor among thieves.

-sidha

Thats just what I need it "is something that works for FTA channels that don't change parameters or sats much." fixed in a linear bird, like 93W, 3 ch only.
Thank you very much...that was a very useful info for me. :)
Must I do jtag for DP301-013 just with pansat emulator software?

Most of the hacker sites have True FTA areas, and some of the people are quite knowledgeable. :)

This is so true.

I really enjoyed the Curious contraptions forum for what they offered in form of true FTA , unfortunately there downfall was their support in the hacking community , for the most part I would agree with others that some of the downloads were of very good use for true FTA , loaders , updated firmware , channel editors.

Here's a nobrainer what not to do in a hacking forum community.

Never use your Satellite Guys nickname on a site if you plan on discussing hacking , I've actually seen this happen but believe that what goes on in those forums should stay on those forums.

nope, wasn't me!

Never use your Satellite Guys nickname on a site if you plan on discussing hacking...
What I noticed: someone used the same strange avatar both there and here!
It was very unique, . . . (maybe their pet? I don't recall) . . . and a dead give away.

Another fellow used the same flawed argument on building some particular piece of equipment (multi-LNB array, I think).

But, I've also seen the same nickname used, too.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's not wise to have your persona appear "over there".

Here is some humor

from a Ebay listing for a Pansat 9200

PANSAT 9200 HD (9200HD) FTA RECEIVER

Like New- Only been used for 6 days. I decided to go with dishnetwork
and Have no use for it i have paid $380+ for this unit.

gee...wonder why he went with Dish Network??????? :D:D:D

I think we need to be a little lenient on hackers that come to this forum.... :shh

There should hopefully be an influx of them. When that happens, it would be nice if we could send them a firm PM or something with alot of detailed info on what they need to be legit and have TV that 'wont go down' (as often) and invite them to stick around if they want to follow the rules.... just a thought.

Here is some humor

from a Ebay listing for a Pansat 9200

gee...wonder why he went with Dish Network??????? :D:D:D

That's a funny one! Well, either:

1) He tuned into PIRTV and his conscience bothered him, or

2) His $380+ receiver "went down", and couldn't be hax0red any more :D

AZBOX HD ELITE was $264 now back at $299 at the bay, wonder why.

I thought the same thing, Pro.

I was kinda thinking there was "support" for the AZ before N3 went nuclear.
But in the same places, there now seems to be -nothing- listed, suggesting there's nothing that works.

But anyway, I believe the answer is simpler: collusion between sellers.
I've heard that one of them contacted at least one of the two eBayers... now I wonder why? . . .
Both eBayers are now at the new 299.... :confused:

I like the ones who post stuff like " I have moved my DN dish to 123 and STILL can't get any tv-could something be wrong with my dishpro lnb? " LOL
They really have no clue what fta is.
by he's got a long whey to go.lol. i guess if im not working this weekend i think ill will be going to yard and garage sales this week end ,never know what you can buy.i already picked up a riza 700,and a 6000 .sweeeeeet.lol.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts