CS8000 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I love my Coolsat 8000, but something has troubled me ever since I had it. When you click on the Favorites button it lists Echo Pack and Bell in addition to all the satellites. When I got it I thought this was part of some hacker firmware, but I flashed it and replaced it with Ice's firmware from here. Those two items are still there, and when doing a manual scan it lists Advance QPSK and Advance 8PSK in addition to all the normal types.

Are all the Coolsat 8000's like this or has mine had something put on it?

They all are like that (well any with newer software)

At one point Coolsat was putting out factory firmware that was in essence hackerware with the "hacker secret menu" missing. A couple other manufacturers did that too. The first batch that were made (I had one) there was no satellite software in it (it was OTA only) and the 1st satellite software was in 2 parts
-the software
-the "steal some Dish Network" part

If you see the review I did back then it even notes that. The positive of just the OTA software was the EPG worked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)