CSPAN analog still there?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm using a Motorola DSR 4500X - this model is capable of receiving DC2 un-encrypted channels ZK and FP mode as well as tuning in analog channels -CSPAN. It cost about $75 at the time. I suppose if you're looking for a dish mover, then an old receiver would be better. If getting CSPAN + a few other SD DC2 channels is better - then consider a DSR 4500x
I have a Motorola DSR 4410 here that I bought really cheap a while back on eBay to try out the DC2 stuff that iBoston posted about. I wonder if it has the capability of tuning the analog CSPAN like your 4500X?

EDIT: Looks like maybe. Specifications state: 'AN ADVANCED DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER FOR ANALOG SERVICE CONVERSION AND BASIC CABLE OPERATIONS'
Maybe means TRY IT!
It also could mean using the ASI port (digital) vs composite video (analog) to be used to switch cable headends from analog to digital.Good luck!
Wow, its been a while since I first posted this and I'm just getting around giving this a try since the 'current events' have had me otherwise distracted. Did a little research and found this document. Even though these are specs for the 125W move it appears the 4410 does analog so hoping it will work. I need to check the firmware verson in my unit. If good I may try this on Sunday. Wish me luck! :)

Reactions: phlatwound
The 125w CSPAN mux is DIGITAL. It is NOT analog. For short periods about 3x a year, this signal becomes watchable. And yes.... This signal can be watched on the DSR4410 when its in FP or ZK mode. No, the DSR4410 cannot do Analog and cannot tune the C-Span on 131w.

1588967758571.png

I really don't understand why C-SPAN makes it so hard to pick up their feeds. You'd think with the nature of their mission (and how few people actually have FTA systems) they'd be one of those that would be more open. I guess it works in their favor in my case though. I picked up a basic cable package several years ago primarily for local sports and the fact that they have all three C-SPAN Networks in HD so they make a few pennies off me every month at least :)

Reactions: Brct203 and FTA4PA
If I recall correctly the signal is offset a bit on the transponder,you have to fine tune the frequency a bit to get it to clear up.There should be a fine tuning adjustment in the menus somewhere.
Really old school receiver will have a tuning POT somewhere.

On the GI receiver it was 7 and on the Macom it was channel 6

If I recall correctly the signal is offset a bit on the transponder,you have to fine tune the frequency a bit to get it to clear up.There should be a fine tuning adjustment in the menus somewhere.
Really old school receiver will have a tuning POT somewhere.

I bought a Toshiba TRX-80 on a cheap offer from ebay. I plan to use it to move my dish once I get my sensor wired. I planned to feed it with a Loop Out from an Edision Mini OS, but I suddenly can't get that receiver to turn on...

So can I directly connect the Toshiba to my Titanium LNBF? I just want to see CSPAN before the feed goes down. Any ideas are appreciated.

I bought a Toshiba TRX-80 on a cheap offer from ebay. I plan to use it to move my dish once I get my sensor wired. I planned to feed it with a Loop Out from an Edision Mini OS, but I suddenly can't get that receiver to turn on...

So can I directly connect the Toshiba to my Titanium LNBF? I just want to see CSPAN before the feed goes down. Any ideas are appreciated.
Sure can,you will need to get into the receiver menus and set it to use an LNBF.It's been so long since I used my old Toshiba I don't remember just where the setting is tho.

This toshiba has no LNBF setting, so I am trying to slave it to an Edision Mini OS. I have the tuner B of the edision on a vertical TP on 131 and Loop Out connected to the Toshiba.
Anything else I need to check? I'm not getting a signal on the Toshiba. But the on screen display menu works.

Attachments

• 20200519_000554.jpg
    20200519_000554.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 20200519_001136.jpg
    20200519_001136.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 295
This toshiba has no LNBF setting, so I am trying to slave it to an Edision Mini OS. I have the tuner B of the edision on a vertical TP on 131 and Loop Out connected to the Toshiba.
Anything else I need to check? I'm not getting a signal on the Toshiba. But the on screen display menu works.
Maybe later I'll see if my trx100 still works and play with it,that may be a long shot.
Also,take the VCII box out of the receiver and toss it,it has no use or value anymore.

Reactions: Captain Midnight
Wish they would put one up on mid Ku band for everyone's to see, since it's a public channels. :rolleyes:

Not everyone's has a DC 2 or 4DTV, should be on DVB S2 modes, IMHO!:hatsoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)