Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Is that CSTV hd or sd?? The Tennis Channel hd was suppose to go live Monday. How is the picture?? Probably will not have any hd tennis until later on in 2008. Some documentaries and profile story lines will be in hd, Not sure how much this early though. I am jealous, I am with Dish.:)

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Is that CSTV hd or sd?? The Tennis Channel hd was suppose to go live Monday. How is the picture?? Probably will not have any hd tennis until later on in 2008. Some documentaries and profile story lines will be in hd, Not sure how much this early though. I am jealous, I am with Dish.:)

You mean having the HD Kung Fu movie network and the other "Shows you would never watch even if you were paid" HD networks aren't doing it for you? :p

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
Well, they are live here also. I get the Tennis channel in HD, but CSTVHD I guess that you have to subscribe to the sports package to get it. Bummer.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
You mean having the HD Kung Fu movie network and the other "Shows you would never watch even if you were paid" HD networks aren't doing it for you? :p

I understand it is stretched. Probably means no true hd for a while. I understand you could not tell me anything because you are in the same boat as me. You don't have the Tennis Channel hd either.:D

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I understand it is stretched. Probably means no true hd for a while. I understand you could not tell me anything because you are in the same boat as me. You don't have the Tennis Channel hd either.:D

I'm really not trying to rub it in, the D* HD superiority, but don't you think its a little f-ed up that we get more HD than you guys yet you have to pay double what we do? Isn't Dish HD like $20 a month extra?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I'm really not trying to rub it in, the D* HD superiority, but don't you think its a little f-ed up that we get more HD than you guys yet you have to pay double what we do? Isn't Dish HD like $20 a month extra?

Being an ex dish sub, I see no price diff in D* and E* on my bill. HD subs pay about the same, the savings is SD and E* is cheaper.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Being an ex dish sub, I see no price diff in D* and E* on my bill. HD subs pay about the same, the savings is SD and E* is cheaper.

I'll be the first to admit that Dish is better in terms of price, but I just think its interesting that they pay double what we do for HD service. When I was leaving cable I was strongly considering getting Dish instead because I wanted to get the NY sports channels for my mom, but only D* provided both SNY and YES. On cable we had YES but not SNY, and I didn't think it was fair to give her SNY but lose YES in the process, so D* was the winner, and quite frankly I am SO happy with that decision, especially after getting Sunday Ticket.

I'm trying to persuade my grandma to get Dish because her cable company is so crappy and she's being charged $50+ a month for sub-par programming, when we can get around double the channels with Dish for about the same price if not cheaper, along with DVR service.

I need to get back on that.

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2007
Are there people that actually watch these channels? I am betting that 95% of HD subscribers will not ever watch these channels. How about some movie channels or fixing ESPN?

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i watch cstv occasionally during football season. they show a lot of conference-usa here in central florida and there's always a few UCF games during the season.

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2003
New York
This Tennis Channel HD already looks like a big waste of time. It is total stretchovision, and has no HD scheduled at all. They better do lots of tournament coverage in HD or it is a total waste.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Hey guys I noticed that Tennis Channel is showing a match from this years U.S. Open. Federer and Lopez. Could someone tell me if it is streched or hd. It just seems odd for them to show this. It was first shown on Universal in hd. Just a curious Dish sub.
Thanks

FitzAusTex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2007
Austin, TX
This Tennis Channel HD already looks like a big waste of time. It is total stretchovision, and has no HD scheduled at all. They better do lots of tournament coverage in HD or it is a total waste.

For us Tennis freaks, Tennis Channel HD is a BIG deal. TC HD is partnered with ESPN2 to provide significant coverage (100+ hours each) of the Australian Open, the French Open and Wimbledon...that's a total of 6 of the best 8 weeks of yearly Tennis. TC HD will be airing all three majors in HD, including on-site studio shows and around-the-grounds updates and interviews. New episodes of the current programs like Open Access, Center Court, and No Strings are being shot in HD. The smaller ITF tournaments are slowly planning to begin shooting in HD. Like many of the other upconverted 'HD' channels, Tennis Channel HD will grow into it.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Espn did not show any slam last year in hd. French and Wimbledon was a 16:9 upconvert. From what I have heard Australian will not be hd (if the Amarican channels use the Aussie feed). The Australian network that covers this tournament has said that it will be 2009 before it will show it in hd.

FitzAusTex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2007
Austin, TX
Anyone able to confirm for me if Tennis Channel HD is showing today's US Open encore match in HD? (Today, 12/30 12pm EST - 2:30PM EST)

Universal HD aired it in HD back in September, so wondering how Tennis Channel HD is handling this encore airing. thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)