CSTV and Tennis channel HD are on

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone able to confirm for me if Tennis Channel HD is showing today's US Open encore match in HD? (Today, 12/30 12pm EST - 2:30PM EST)

Universal HD aired it in HD back in September, so wondering how Tennis Channel HD is handling this encore airing. thanks!
Nope, in stretch-o-vision sd on D*.

Anyone able to confirm for me if Tennis Channel HD is showing today's US Open encore match in HD? (Today, 12/30 12pm EST - 2:30PM EST)

Universal HD aired it in HD back in September, so wondering how Tennis Channel HD is handling this encore airing. thanks!

I had the same question on Friday when it first aired. no one responded. I thought it was odd for Tennis Channel to show this. I have Dish, I am very curious if it is hd.

Thanks Rad! Did you happen to notice if it looked any sharper(better) than the SD channel (stretch-o-vision on TC HD notwithstanding)? Tennis Channel SD looks horrible on E*, (and D*) to me, but actually looked pretty good on Time Warner when I had TW, probably since they made you pay for the sports pak to get it.

Tennis Channel SD has become basically useless to me since I switched to E*, and it is a channel that I like to watch a lot. I'm trying to determine on wide camera shots if the ball is trackable on TC HD.

I had the same issue with ESPN2 SD on TW...so I switched to E* since E* had ESPN2 HD, and TW didnt (at the time). I'm hoping that TC HD is at least as good as non-HD matches are on ESPN2 HD (watchable...not great, but watchable)

On E*, specifically for the clay court tournaments, I can barely even track the ball back and forth. The ball is pretty trackable on E* TC SD US Open match today, since the court is blue/green, so I guess I'll have to ask again for a clay court encore match on TC HD.

Thanks Rad! Did you happen to notice if it looked any sharper(better) than the SD channel (stretch-o-vision on TC HD notwithstanding)? Tennis Channel SD looks horrible on E*, (and D*) to me, but actually looked pretty good on Time Warner when I had TW, probably since they made you pay for the sports pak to get it.

Tennis Channel SD has become basically useless to me since I switched to E*, and it is a channel that I like to watch a lot. I'm trying to determine on wide camera shots if the ball is trackable on TC HD.

I had the same issue with ESPN2 on TW...so I switched to E* since E* had ESPN2 HD, and TW didnt (at the time). I'm hoping that TC HD is at least as good as non-HD matches are on ESPN2 HD (watchable...not great, but watchable)

On E*, specifically for the clay court tournaments, I can barely even track the ball back and forth. The ball is pretty trackable on E* TC SD US Open match today, since the court is blue/green, so I guess I'll have to ask again for a clay court encore match on TC HD.

Yea, IMHO it looks better on the HD channel then the SD, if you don't mind the stretch, but only by a VERY little bit.

i watch cstv occasionally during football season. they show a lot of conference-usa here in central florida and there's always a few UCF games during the season.

I also watch a lot of the C-USA games there. If they do not stop stretching the content, though, I will not be watching the HD channel.

Just got word that the first live event to be broadcast in true hd on the Tennis Channel hd will be the Fed Cup match Feb. 2-3. between the U.S. and Germany. Other hd broadcast tournaments planned will be the 2008 French Open, U.S.Claycourt and The Tennis Channel Open Tournament. Other tournament hd broadcast are planned but have not been released.

Just got word that the first live event to be broadcast in true hd on the Tennis Channel hd will be the Fed Cup match Feb. 2-3. between the U.S. and Germany. Other hd broadcast tournaments planned will be the 2008 French Open, U.S.Claycourt and The Tennis Channel Open Tournament. Other tournament hd broadcast are planned but have not been released.
What? NOT the Australian? Grrr....

I was certain I'd seen a HD feed streaming from the Oz last year. Maybe I should have saved my money....

The first live tennis event in hd on the Tennis Channel is still set for Feb. I did notice on the website that there are several hours of hd each day. I saw where the Champions Tour is showing it's tournamnet in hd. It was played earlier last fall. I have heard also that they stopped the stretching and went to 4:3 ratio if it is not hd. Can anyone confirm??

I have heard also that they stopped the stretching and went to 4:3 ratio if it is not hd. Can anyone confirm??
I can confirm this. I'm watching Tennis HD right now and they are showing Australian Open Classics in 4:3 with the Tennis HD logo over in the empty black area on the side. Commercials were 4:3 as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)