cubavision

Status
Please reply by conversation.

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
anybody getting cubavision on the intelsat 9? i had to rig the lhz to 10050 to get the sat on my svelite, but i get all the channels. i want to get cubavision. as per THELIST i get all there, but at different numbers...any idea how to work the numbers to get cubavision? just thought it would cool to look in on cuba:)

I was getting it until I swapped out my Universal LNB to a standard LNB in the fall so I cannot see anything on Intelsat 9 as of right now.

Forget in the coming years (that's what I'm worried about) I think Cubavision may be at it's best right now , imagine a lifted embargo and Cuba respecting copyrights , they might as well go dark then , I'm not talking about the International channel either since most of that programming is 99% original Cuban programming.

lnb should not be prob

should be just getting the right numbers, since i had to modify the mhz. should be relative, but i would need anole, or ice to give me the ideal numbers.

If you have a Universal LNB set it to 9750/10600 (or Universal)

If its a standard, you can TRY 9750 which is the low band LNB LO...cant guarantee it will work. I know I needed a Universal to get Cubavison

universal?

damn, if i have to get a universal, i can't mount it on the motorized. guess i could dedicate a dish for it, if there is programming on it. universal lnbs are cheap, so maybe that would be a fun project. scanning 123 on my 75 motorized channelmaster right now. thanks for the help, guys.

svelite and scanning

ice, i wish i could get the right numbers. some sats on this piece of crap svelite 360 box will only allow you to 5150 mhz. It's a wreck. You said a coolsat was good...any particular boxes that would have numbers that actually corespond with the proper figures?

This thread got me experimenting tonight. My goal was to get Cubavision at 58 degrees with my Invacom QPH-31 LNB and Traxis 3500. I tried playing with the LO settings on my receiver and doing blind searches every which way. I couldn't get it to come in or see any active transponders.

I finally just manually programmed in the transponder and it showed signal. I was able to just scan that transponder to get it in. I left the LO at 10750. Doing a blind search still doesn't find anything including the transponder with Cubavision though.

Cubavision is outside the frequency spectrum for a linear LNB without altering the LO and even then some LNBs may not function properly with the LO set at 9750 to make the numbers correct.
Blind scan is also unlikely to work on most receivers due to the low Symbol rate not included in the software.
Best method is to get a universal LNB and put the TP in manually.

Looks like Cubavision moved. I'm now receiving it at 11533 H 3670. The signal at 11612 H is gone.

Bummer...probably out out the range of my Invacom QPH-31 now. I'll have to try once I get my motor back from being warrantied. I was able to go 100 Mhz above and below its specs with my Traxis.

What happened to Cubavision?

Looks like Cubavision has completely disappeared from Intelsat 9.

The Ku signal is gone and it is no longer in the Cband mux.:confused:

The website has no new information.

not the same:

From my reading, Cubavision on 30°w Ku has new release American movies (DVDs?) often playing in English, with Spanish subtitles.
That's one very interesting sort of programming.

Then, there is Cubavision International (formerly) on 58°w Ku.
It has totally different programming.
And, since I don't speak Spanish, it doesn't interest me.

So, when you talk about Cubavision, please be clear which one you mean.
They're not the same.
I'm pretty sure both have been spoken of in this thread, and it's terribly confusing without a crib sheet. :eek:

Cubavision Int'l is on both 58 (well I guess now it isnt) and on 30W.

Cubavision is the original and the Int'l version has lots of reruns of stuff from Cubavision (and only one baseball game here and there....the original seems to have baseball all weekend)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)