Cubavision

Status
Please reply by conversation.

baya

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
TEXAS
Now, That we have few of you on Pas 9. Could I get the tras Freq. and the rest of the number for CUBAVISION.
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember you will need a Universal LNBF for this channel! (KU)

PSB said:

Pete, I getting nothing but hell from THe Bown Company. They wanted me to drive 37 miles to pick up the C-band LNB. Some how! a phone call got screw-up beyond a SNAFU to a real pain in the neck. So the motivation of finding any C-band channel is dead and gone. :(

PSB said:

Does it means that invacom QPH-031 is not good for it? or we have to use circular intead than linear.

RKey5

The linear side of the QPH-031 is a Standard LNBF (L.O. 10750)

Needs to be a linear Universal (L.O. 9750-10600) LNBF for Cubavision on this satellite. The good news is once found and stored you should be able to swap back to the QPH-031 and the channel will still be there, works that way for me.

Great channel for baseball during the winter :)

PSB said:
The linear side of the QPH-031 is a Standard LNBF (L.O. 10750)

Needs to be a linear Universal (L.O. 9750-10600) LNBF for Cubavision on this satellite. The good news is once found and stored you should be able to swap back to the QPH-031 and the channel will still be there, works that way for me.

Great channel for baseball during the winter :)

Good, but I get lost :(

How to bring what you say to settings in the receiver. Where do I go?
Let me tell you what I did.
I am at what I think is the location of the PAS 9
Then at the receiver I went to Antenn SetUp and enter this settings for Pas 9 :
LNB Type.................. Universal 1
LNB Loc Freq............. 9750/10600
22khz...................... -----
DiSEqC.................... #3
LNB Power............... ON
TP......................... 11612 H 3.670
Positioner Settings... Disable
Satellite Scan......... FTA

But when I click Ok, It doesnt accept 11612 H 3.670
Then, how to set what you said?

Also when I do the Blind Search or Power Scan, I get the freq 11612 Mkz H where this channel (Cubavision)suppose to be, but it doesn't show any Cubavision channel.

Beside this, I am getting repetition of different channels in different satellites, fot example:
The Guyana Caribbean, Indonesia TV Net, GSTN, Euro news, and other channels appear in Pas 9, AMC4 and Hispasat 1C. How come if they are in different locations for different satellites, What's going on?

Sorry PSB, again, :confused: I am a newbie.

RKey5

If you are located east of the Mississippi River,
it might even be easier to use HISPASAT, which requires a standard 10750 MHz linear Ku LNBF. I just hooked one up last night, using a 75-E elliptical dish with Primestar LNBF.
Had to turn the dish upside down, but it was a quick installation, and in addition to Cubavision, there are a total of five Cuban TV channels and seven radio stations.
Why fight with PAS-9 for one channel, when this is available. In addition, many of the Arabic channels on IA-5 (97 West) make their first hop to American on this bird, and my eyes tell me the quality looks better, despite common belief that it does not matter with digital.
Reprocessing never helps, in my experience.

A TriMax T-100 seems to be the most cost effective receiver to do this---it grabs relatively weak signals out of the mud (which I was having trouble doing with a Pansat receiver side by side), and locks them in. No blind scan, but very effective. HISPASAT is at 30 West, which provides a 12-1/2 degree elevation angle here in SW Wisconsin. An 84 E would be even better, and a 90 cm offset such as the PARACLIPSE Millennium would provide an excellent signal from Hispasat.

DiSEqC.................... #3
LNB Power............... ON
TP......................... 11612 H 3.670
Positioner Settings... Disable
Satellite Scan......... FTA

getting repetition of different channels in different satellites, fot example:
The Guyana Caribbean, Indonesia TV Net, GSTN, Euro news, and other channels appear in Pas 9, AMC4 and Hispasat 1C. How come if they are in different locations for different satellites, What's going on?

RKey5[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are on Amazonas @ 61w (The Guyana Caribbean, Indonesia TV Net, GSTN, Euro news)

So you still need to go 3 deg further east!

I would remove the switch (If you are using one) and try to find and store the channel first.

Maybe you are getting the channel and its off air! (Black screen)

... try to find and store the channel first.

Do this means to go to Power scan and find the transponder, then the channel and save it?

Well, let me tell you what's going on.
For example, To get Cubavision, I localized what it seems to be Pas 9, I download the transponders, then the channels, The transponder shows 11612 H
but when channels download, no Cubavision at all, I try manually to edit as new, but it doesn't get it, in other word I can not enter it.
Why if it shows the transponder 11612 H Why it doesnt come out?
Again, Does the LNB has anything to do with it?

Rkey5

If you are still using the QPH-031 thats the issue, it will not work with this one channel!

Its a standard and you NEED a Universal.

I would try Mikes suggestion (above) as this channel is also now on Hispasat 30w if you can get over there.

PSB, sorry, remember I am a newbie and I am trying to understand this crazy thing. Because of this, I have in every corner a new question. Thank you for been so helpful.

It happened yesterday in the receiver (Lifetime Ultra), If I go to Hispasat and choose the LNB Type then move the selector to the left, I find new names like Enregistrer, Deplacer, Position de reference, Ma latitude, Ma longitude, Position du satellite, Code, added to the LNB types (Universal, Standard, etc). If I go in the other direction it dissapear. That's weird.

Okay, back to the topic we have been talking about:

This is Mike suggestion (Thank You! Mike for your post to help me).
If you are located east of the Mississippi River,
it might even be easier to use HISPASAT, which requires a standard 10750 MHz linear Ku LNBF. I just hooked one up last night, using a 75-E elliptical dish with Primestar LNBF.

This is your suggestion
If you are still using the QPH-031 thats the issue, it will not work with this one channel!
Its a standard and you NEED a Universal.

PSB, Did you mean "you NEED a Standard"?

Now, What is good the Invacom for?. How many types of LNB? It looks that two types Universal and Standard, but then with the Invacom you have just covered half of the distance, because then you need another LNB for the rest of the satellites. And then, What is it Circular and Linear?.

PSB, and any of you who wants to help, If I have too many questions for you, please just tell me where to find the answers. Beside this, I am not married with one channel or satellite, but I would like to have a system with the capacity to go to any location available in my area and get the satellites availables. If I have the wrong receiver then let me know, but I think all receivers have the negative points and the positive points. Its a matter of which one accomodate to your requirements. Also, about the LNB, I am all ears. :bow

Rkey5

Sounds like your receiver is playing up, I have seen this before with the Fortec Lifetime Ultra. Best to do a factory default as it is acting like mine does when it has too many channels/Transponders saved. I have to delete all transponders from the satellite I am about to Power Scan other wise the receiver ends up with the strange behavior as you describe above.

Other than that once again you NEED a Universal LNBF for the Cubavision channel on Pas 9. Other wise the Invacom will work on all other channels.

Okay,
I think I am not getting this. MY invacom uni.single snh-031 lo9.75/10.6 GHz is not good to pick up Cubavision.
Is that the case Pete?

Yes thats a Universal, the QPH-031 is a standard on the Linear side, so will NOT work for this channel!

Pete , I am not yet able to read Cubavision at all. Actually I am not able to read anything from Pas-9 at all. MY last satellite that I read to my east is Amazonas. I get 88 Level and 68 Quality.

Baya, let me tell you.
IF you are in the direction of Pas 9 you should get something, I suggest you that far from the data about location of the sat that you can find in the internet. Azimuth, Elev, Skew, are parameters to give you just the area unless you have a precise motor, but manually after you find the area, you have to find a point on the area, FTA satellites need precision to locate them sometimes you need a precision that a satellite finder is the only one that can give you the best aim. No, I am not talking about the $300 + professional, I am talking about the less than $30.00 small Satellite Finder. The only thing is, it doesn't tell you the signal you receiving what satellite is.
I don't know what receiver you have but with the Lifetime Ultra you choose the satellite, an if it has like you said 88% and 68%, you switch to Power scan and it start downloading the trasponders, and later the channels.

Now Pete, How to know if the satellite needs a Universal or Standard LNB, Where is it this information?

Also, Check it out, If I located and download channels of Pas 9 and try to do the same with AMC 4 that it is further to the west, you will get almost the same channels you got with Pas 9.

Finally I want to wish you a ! Happy Thanksgiving !.

Rkey5

Rkey5 said:
Baya, FTA satellites need precision to locate them sometimes you need a precision that a satellite finder is the only one that can give you the best aim. No, I am not talking about the $300 + professional, I am talking about the less than $30.00 small Satellite Finder. The only thing is, it doesn't tell you the signal you receiving what satellite is.
I don't know what receiver you have but with the Lifetime Ultra you choose the satellite, an if it has like you said 88% and 68%, you switch to Power scan and it start downloading the trasponders, and later the channels.

Now Pete, How to know if the satellite needs a Universal or Standard LNB, Where is it this information?

Also, Check it out, If I located and download channels of Pas 9 and try to do the same with AMC 4 that it is further to the west, you will get almost the same channels you got with Pas 9.

WEll, Thank A lot for you help!!!
1st Yes I have a motor. HH100 the crown jewl in THe business (Italian)
2nd I can find every thing right of Amazon . I mean EVERYTHING. I have a Cuban co-worker that I would like to impress and get him hook in FTA.
There are only 2 degrees from Amazone to Pas-9.
There are lot more in Pas 9 that I can not talk about here. I am talking legal stuff, (paying). But the FCC will not hear nothing about it. For that I have to be south on the RIO BRAVO, also known as Rio Grand.
Cubavision is not in AMC 4. Actually, I am well aware Of AMC 4. EcuaTV was there before it went Belly UP.
Thanks Again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)