Newbie needs help before wife kills me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Windtamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Hayesville NC
I have a Viewsat VS2000 Platinum with a SG-2100 motor. The dish is a Samsonic 85cm with a Invacom QPH-031 lnb. I used a Digisat II meter to line all the satellites but the only satellites that give me 99% are the Echostar satellites. The others range between 50% to 79% so the only satellites the receiver picks up are the scrambled channels on the Echostar satellites. I know I'm doing something wrong but what is it? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the SatelliteGus.US FTA forum!

What side of the LNBF are you using?

Remeber signal strength means nothing, you are looking for signal quality.

Make sure the L.O. for the linear side of the LNBF is set to 10750

You have to have a LIVE channel entered before you will see the color change = signal quality.

Hi Pete,
I use the lp side of the lnb to try and get the free channels on the satellites. I can use the cp side and I have no problem getting the Echostar satellites. I have a Diseqc switch I plan on using when I get this all figured out. Are the Dishnetwork satellites more powerful than the rest?

Yes much more, so if you were talking signal quality above, thats about normal. But I have LOADS of linear channels giving me 99% quality these days.......

I hook the Digisat II meter straight to the lnb to check for satellite signal strength. I've used the meter for my cband and Dishnetwork dish. I have never had a signal that low for a satellite before.

Could you point me to a website for a newbie that shows me how to find live channels on a satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)