Current DirectTV Promotions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
I have two flyers from D*. One came today and one came 6 or 7 weeks ago.
They both are "Lock in your price until 2010" promotions.

The "Plus HD DVR Package" is $49.95 per month for the first 12 months.
I find one difference between the 2 flyers.
The older one states "Free HD Channels for 3 months" in the $49.95 block.
The new one states "HD Channels included" with no mention of a time limit in the $49.99 block.
Does anyone know if this "HD Channels included" is for 12 months or what?
And if not:
What is the difference between the 'Plus DVR Package" at $39.95 for the 1st 12 months and the "Plus HD DVR Package is $49.95 ", if all you get is "Free HD Channels for 3 months. Reg $9.95".
The "'Plus DVR Package" also comes with a HD DVR Receiver Upgrade, $199 value and 3 months of free HBO, Starz and Showtime.

On the older flyer, I can't find any reason one would go for the "Plus HD DVR Package" since you only get Free HD Channels for 3 months.

I have read the fine print and still cannot understand this part of the promotions.

I have two flyers from D*. One came today and one came 6 or 7 weeks ago.
They both are "Lock in your price until 2010" promotions.

The "Plus HD DVR Package" is $49.95 per month for the first 12 months.
I find one difference between the 2 flyers.
The older one states "Free HD Channels for 3 months" in the $49.95 block.
The new one states "HD Channels included" with no mention of a time limit in the $49.99 block.
Does anyone know if this "HD Channels included" is for 12 months or what?
And if not:
What is the difference between the 'Plus DVR Package" at $39.95 for the 1st 12 months and the "Plus HD DVR Package is $49.95 ", if all you get is "Free HD Channels for 3 months. Reg $9.95".
The "'Plus DVR Package" also comes with a HD DVR Receiver Upgrade, $199 value and 3 months of free HBO, Starz and Showtime.

On the older flyer, I can't find any reason one would go for the "Plus HD DVR Package" since you only get Free HD Channels for 3 months.

I have read the fine print and still cannot understand this part of the promotions.

It's really easy one has HD access included(Plus HD DVR package) the other does not(Plus DVR package).If you want to get a HD DVR receiver you have to have HD access($9.99 a month extra).Possible misprint?.I believe so(or check out the fine print at the bottom of the page).:confused:

It's really easy one has HD access included(Plus HD DVR package) the other does not(Plus DVR package).If you want to get a HD DVR receiver you have to have HD access($9.99 a month extra).Possible misprint?.I believe so(or check out the fine print at the bottom of the page).:confused:
It took me 15 minutes with a sales rep that was in the USA. She kept wanting to add $9.95 to the ($49.95 Plus HD DVR package.) She kept trying to tell me that "HD channels included" was not the same as the "HD Access Fee, $9.95.".
I kept asking her if that was true, why would I not just get the $39.95 package and pay the extra $9.95? Her answer, because you don't get a HD DVR. After explaining to her that the last two flyers stated that the $39.95 package came with a FREE HD DVR upgrade, she talked to someone again and agreed that they now did.
Too make a long story short, she finally agreed that for 12 months I would get free HD access. That for $49.95 there would be no other charges except the charge for additional tv's.
She could never explain why it would not be just as good to take the $39.95 package and pay the $9,95 access fee that to take the $49.95 package.
My thoughts were that after 12 months, when all the discounts dropped off, I would be paying $10 extra per month with the Plus HD DVR Package.

I am trying to change from E* to D*. Is it always this difficult?
I would have changed last summer but it was too hot in the attic for me to replace all of E*'s RG59 with RG6 coax.

D*'s website does not match the last two flyers they puplished. This may expalin the sales rep's confusion. The site has not been updated to show a Free HD DVR with the $39.95 package but the package prices do expire 3/3/09 which matches the exp. date on the flyer. I guess those that order on line may buy more upgrades than they need.

Last edited:
D* "Plus HD/DVR pack" is $75.99. Thats what you'll be paying in 12 months.
Or $71.98 with the "Choice " pack with HD access and DVR service.

D* "Plus HD/DVR pack" is $75.99. Thats what you'll be paying in 12 months.
Or $71.98 with the "Choice " pack with HD access and DVR service.

I think both will be three dollars cheaper if you get them before the March price increase! That is what i am on..:up

I know these will go up $23 a month after 12 months.
Is there anyway to get FX and CBS College Sports without going all the way to the Preimer Package? One list, D*'s web site, shows FX HD in several packages and another shows it only in the Preimer. Same with CBS-CS. One lists shows it as part of the Preimer Pack and another doesn't show it. Is there an up to date list of what HD channels you get with each package somewhere?

Channel Lineup

That was one of three lists I found on the DTV site. Hemi 6.1 Do you think this is the most current listing? I ask this because when I went to the HD lineup for the Plus HD DVR Package, https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/wizard/buildYourSystem1.jsp?footernavtype=-1 FX HD was not listed on it or on the Plus HD DVR Package but it was on the Preimer Pack. Then I found another list on the DTV site that didn't match these two.

That was one of three lists I found on the DTV site. Hemi 6.1 Do you think this is the most current listing? I ask this because when I went to the HD lineup for the Plus HD DVR Package, https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/wizard/buildYourSystem1.jsp?footernavtype=-1 FX HD was not listed on it or on the Plus HD DVR Package but it was on the Preimer Pack. Then I found another list on the DTV site that didn't match these two.
I know for sure FX HD is in that package..

FX HD is listed on the Channel line up i supplied you. So is Crime and Investigation HD and Comedy HD,and Comedy is D* newest addition.
Correct, it is. I was just curious as to what list on the DTV site is the most current. I believe the PDF file is dated 12/08 and it is definitely more comprehensive than the other lists on the DTV site. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flat Roof Dish Install

2 Receivers 1 Room Remote Troubles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)