Current Directv Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Frazierface

Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Idaho
Hello,

I see all these promos for new customers, is there any way to get the same promos as a current customer? Right now I do get Showtime for free for three months (big deal) and I think a $10.00 credit each month but it really is nothing compared to the new customers, the Entertainment pack looks good. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Marc

Frazierface said:
Hello,

I see all these promos for new customers, is there any way to get the same promos as a current customer? Right now I do get Showtime for free for three months (big deal) and I think a $10.00 credit each month but it really is nothing compared to the new customers, the Entertainment pack looks good. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Marc

Not really, you can always call and ask and see what they offer. Remember though, when we all signed up we got the a deal too and if Directv gave all subs deals like new subs get then they would be bankrupt in no time!

I call every so often and ask what promos they have. If you have been a loyal customer and your acct is in good standing, they usually do what they can. I currently have $10 off for 12 months, $5 off HBO for 6 months, $5 off Cinemax for 3 months, $5 off the Sports Pack for 3 months, Starz/Showtime for $10 for 3 months, and one more $20 off on the Sunday Ticket. I've been with them since 07 and they always hook me up. And this is without going through the retention route as some do here. It might help too that I'm not under contract, so they might be able to offer more to keep me around.

If you can't afford it cut back, every company has a new customer offer, purpose is to get used to the programming. Then you figure out what channels you like and adjust your package, not call and beg for discounts.

Last edited:
No one's "begging" for discounts. The reps have told me to call back and see what new promos they have. I'll continue to see what ways I can save money on programming and let the sheep keep paying full price every month.

If you can't afford it cut back, every company has a new customer offer, purpose is to get used to the programming. Then you figure out what channels you like and adjust your package, not call and beg for discounts.

While you generally won't get new customer discounts, D* is very good about other credits and programming offers and every time it is a crap shoot depending on many factors, some of them are account history others are more esoteric. Like the phase of the moon, CSR's mood, etc;

D* set the rules and prices and then changes them on a whim on an individual basis quite often, nothing new about that. And it isn't begging to take advantage of those whims, we didn't make the rules nor the whimsy! :)

Ya I have been with them for about 8 years and they give you the promo stuff when you call and ask, I mean 10.00 credit here and there. They get a few ways, paying for the DVR service? It is the box that does the work not the signal. And mirroring is just another catch as I already am paying for the signal. Not sure if any of you have used the Roku but it is an awesome device and you have the availability to get hundreds of channels. One of the best is Playon, which you get plent, Hulu,CBS, NBC and they have plugins for live tv as well. Playon is $5.00 month, and new plugins and scripts are added daily to update your library.

Marc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts