Current odds of getting HR24 and H24 on new Whole Home install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
A year ago I seriously considered signing up for DirecTv but did NOT because they could not guarantee I would get HR24 and H24 receivers. I know if I call DirecTv the official answer I will get is that they still will not guarantee it. But, if I am getting a new install with 2 HD DVR's and 2 HD Receivers, what are the current odds that I will get the HR24 and H24 Receivers?

Not sure to be honest, I think it depends on what they have in stock local.

I myself have 2 HD DVRs coming tomorrow for an install. Idk which im getting, but let me tell ya, all there HD boxes are superior to anyone elses ive ever seen.

I know there are differences in HD DVR boxes, whether hr 24, 23, 22 or 21, i think the hr24 has a 500gb HDD. Not sure what the others have.

with whoe home dvr on the order the chanes are very likely you would get HR24 equipment, unless there is a significant shortage in your area.

I went through Dishstore last week for my order/install and was promised they would intervene if I didn't receive (2) 24s ... no need though as I got both :)

It all depends on what they have... I upgraded a 3rd receiver to an HDDVR 3 weeks ago--the last 2 they sent were HR23's. I was hoping for an HR24 this time around--nope! HR22 :-(

--Nat

I will say this you all read way too much into a number. But that saying most new installs installers try to use h/hr24 for whole home just as it is easier and uses less supplies as the deca adapters are built in.

I think he means the receiver number. For a "power user," however, that uses the receiver alot and takes advantage of active features (scoreguide, apps, etc) and on demand and whole-home, to me, the HR24 versus an HR20-HR23 is night and day.

The interface and experience is designed to be the same, but the speed difference is significant on the HR24. I have two HR20s and two HR24s in my home that I use regularly, and I clearly notice the difference.

That said I paid nearly $200 for each of the HR24s and sent back HR21/HR22 receivers, the difference was enough to me that I paid for what Directv considers the same receiver but I consider an upgrade.

personally i had it noted on my ticket that i would refuse any install that did not have an hr24/h24. i asked the tech when he arrived, and thats what he said they were using for new installs, and he had them for me.

had he not brought them i would have refused and rescheduled.

A local retailer can give you a straight answer on the equipment he would install.

It all really depends on what Direcv sends out. All we have seen for the last few weeks is refurbished equipment. One week all they had was HR20's. Last week it was refurbished HR21's and HR24's but all refurbished H21's.

So ordering MRV means nothing. Two weeks ago I was installing HR20's with H24's.

My install was last week. I got HR24 and two H25's. I could have used at least one of them being a 24 since the 25's do not have component outputs.

As a retailer I know we only have access to the HR24's and H24's. I can't even order a 20-23 model rec if I even wanted to. That being said, if you want to make sure you are getting the latest equipment available (brand new) I would definately get your system through a local retailer. Btw, the only reason I haven't rec'd an H25 is because the distributor I get equipment from still has some H24's in stock and I believe they are being released first in a different region than where we are (NE Texas).

We are still using 21, 23 and 24. We got a pallet of 25 in Thursday but they are all gone now. And 25 still can plug into component. They should come with (or are available) mini-din 10 pin - component/composite cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)