Current/Upcoming 3D Titles and Promos

I just purchased a Sony 46nx810 for the bedroom. I'm just not sold on the 3D aspect of it yet. I'll probably get the 3D kit and see if Alice wows me at home. But even then, my Denon receiver doesn't support 3D so I'll have to bypass it to watch anything in 3D. And, at $30 a pop, the pricing still seems too high. Does anyone know if Netflix or Blockbuster have any plans to offer 3D blu-ray rentals anytime soon?

IMO, Id not use Alice as a reference, it's a 2D to 3D conversion and has had mixed opinion.

I just doubt Netflix is going to carry 3D any time soon. I think this will stay a premium early adopter format for 1-2 more years, but maybe Im wrong.

I just purchased a Sony 46nx810 for the bedroom. I'm just not sold on the 3D aspect of it yet. I'll probably get the 3D kit and see if Alice wows me at home. But even then, my Denon receiver doesn't support 3D so I'll have to bypass it to watch anything in 3D. And, at $30 a pop, the pricing still seems too high. Does anyone know if Netflix or Blockbuster have any plans to offer 3D blu-ray rentals anytime soon?

Great TV! I just bought 55” NX810 two months ago and love it! I would have rather had the 46” but I got the 55” because Tiger had a great deal on it and it ended up being less than the 46”. Check out Amazon for the 3D Starter kit, Sony wants, and most places sell it for $400, I got mine for $260. IMO, Alice In Wonderland doesn’t really do the TV justice. I bought one of Sony’s higher end 3D Blu Ray players and that included a copy of Monster House 3D which looked awesome. Alice In Wonderland, not so much.

The TV has a lot of cool internet features as well. The YouTube interface is top notch, and have having Pandora built in is great as well. I don’t use Slacker Radio, but that’s available as well. But what I do use is the TWIT Widget and watch Leo LaPorte’s video podcasts. Surprisingly quality is pretty good! FearNet is pretty cool if you like B horror flicks. Lots of cool stuff you can do. I’m not sure how the TV integrates with equipment from other manufactures, but aside from my cable box everything else in my set up is Sony and everything integrates really well. One of the things I like the most is that when playing internet content over the TV my A/V Receiver will automatically switch over the TV setting and the audio will play out my surround set up.

Steve Mehs said:
Great TV! I just bought 55? NX810 two months ago and love it! I would have rather had the 46? but I got the 55? because Tiger had a great deal on it and it ended up being less than the 46?. Check out Amazon for the 3D Starter kit, Sony wants, and most places sell it for $400, I got mine for $260. IMO, Alice In Wonderland doesn?t really do the TV justice. I bought one of Sony?s higher end 3D Blu Ray players and that included a copy of Monster House 3D which looked awesome. Alice In Wonderland, not so much.

The TV has a lot of cool internet features as well. The YouTube interface is top notch, and have having Pandora built in is great as well. I don?t use Slacker Radio, but that?s available as well. But what I do use is the TWIT Widget and watch Leo LaPorte?s video podcasts. Surprisingly quality is pretty good! FearNet is pretty cool if you like B horror flicks. Lots of cool stuff you can do. I?m not sure how the TV integrates with equipment from other manufactures, but aside from my cable box everything else in my set up is Sony and everything integrates really well. One of the things I like the most is that when playing internet content over the TV my A/V Receiver will automatically switch over the TV setting and the audio will play out my surround set up.

I was looking at the 55, but honestly couldn't justify the extra $600 for a bigger bedroom TV. With Amazon's no interest for 24 months promo, I was tempted.

Good point about Alice being a converted movie everyone. I had completely forgotten that. It might be better to just use some PSN 3D game demo downloads to try it out.

Cool. That, and Step Up 3D will be the two I use for the first time, just because I know Step Up 3D is top notch 3D.

How about some 2D to 3D converted BSG seasons :D

The “3net 3Day Weekends” Premiere Schedule (9PM ET/6PM PT):

March 4 – NASCAR 3D: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE
March 5 – OCEANA AIR SHOW – 3net original
March 6 – GRAND CANYON ADVENTURE: RIVER AT RISK
March 11 – HIGH OCTANE: Wakeboarding vs. BMX – 3net original
March 12 - CHINA REVEALED: Jiuzhaigou – 3net original
March 13 – AMERICA’S NATIONAL PARKS: Yellowstone – 3net original
March 18 – HIGH OCTANE: Mega-Ramp vs. Parkour – 3net original
March 19 – FORGOTTEN PLANET: Kolmapskop, Namibia & Bodie, California – 3net original
March 20 – AFRICAN WILD: Elephants of Mashatu – 3net original
March 25 – HIGH OCTANE: Whitewater vs. Parkour – 3net original
March 26 – AMERICA’S NATIONAL PARKS: Yosemite – 3net original
March 27 – EXPERIENCE 3D: Hot Air Balloons – 3net original
Source: '3net' - Debut on DirecTV - Sunday 2/13/11! - Page 7 - AVS Forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts