Custom Radio Image

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I created a few radio backgrounds. I was tired of the black screen with a gray record.

On the newer Enigma2 systems, the file needs to be named radio.mvi and copied into the /usr/share/enigma2/ folder....
RENAME YOUR EXISTING RADIO.MVI TO RADIO-ORG.MVI SO YOU DON'T LOOSE YOUR ORIGINAL

I upload a zip file containing all the .mvi files. and the associated .jpg so you can view and see which .mvi you want to copy into place. I opted for Radio6 as it was Radio2 and i added a satellite into the picture.

Radio - 1.jpgRadio - 2.jpgRadio - 3.jpgRadio - 4.jpgRadio - 5.jpgRadio - 6.jpeg

Attachments

• radiobackgrounds.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 313
I created a few radio backgrounds. I was tired of the black screen with a gray record.

On the newer Enigma2 systems, the file needs to be named radio.mvi and copied into the /usr/share/enigma2/ folder....
RENAME YOUR EXISTING RADIO.MVI TO RADIO-ORG.MVI SO YOU DON'T LOOSE YOUR ORIGINAL

I upload a zip file containing all the .mvi files. and the associated .jpg so you can view and see which .mvi you want to copy into place.

View attachment 144767View attachment 144768View attachment 144769View attachment 144770View attachment 144771View attachment 144772
Nice work! I really like the microphone and satellite themes. Thank you for sharing! :) :thumbup

Reactions: iBoston
Very nice work. I already did that myself. I like that is runs Linux, easy to change stuff if you know what you are doing. :)

Reactions: iBoston and FTA4PA
This is awesome!!!

I upload a zip file containing all the .mvi files. and the associated .jpg so you can view and see which .mvi you want to copy into place. I opted for Radio6 as it was Radio2 and i added a satellite into the picture.

View attachment 144767View attachment 144768View attachment 144769View attachment 144770View attachment 144771View attachment 144772

Sent from my SM-N920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Well, i did a image upgrade and it moved the radio location to :

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/newnigma2/Menu/radiopic

So, i thought i would post this just in case. To find this, i used WinSCP (freeware) to FTP to my Enigma2 STB, and used the Find Files feature to search for *.mvi and after about 3 minutes, it found the location.

I had to upgrade my 3 year old firmware because there was a bug which prevented me from utilizing the 4 tuners in my STB. The additional tuners would stop working. Thank the gods, that when i updated the firmware it totally solved the problem. - So, all the time was well spend.

Last edited:
Reactions: k.r. and FTA4PA