customer retention #

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is no longer a direct number to retention. Due to past abuse of the system. You can email your question/concern/complaint and sometimes they will provide you with a 4 digit PIN that is good for like 3 days or so.

Or you can call and ask to be transferred, this may or may not work. Or you can call and say "cancel" at the voice prompt. Be careful how many times you go to retention, if they feel someone is abusing it they will flag your account....so I've heard.

Good Luck.

There is no longer a direct number to retention. Due to past abuse of the system. You can email your question/concern/complaint and sometimes they will provide you with a 4 digit PIN that is good for like 3 days or so.

Or you can call and ask to be transferred, this may or may not work. Or you can call and say "cancel" at the voice prompt. Be careful how many times you go to retention, if they feel someone is abusing it they will flag your account....so I've heard.

Good Luck.
Actually thats not correct. As it indeed may no longer be called customer retention, there is a number that has the same result. I used it about a month ago but misplaced it.

I certainly don't want to appear argumentative, but, the direct line was changed about 6 months ago. I'm not sure what number you misplaced, but I really don't think it was the true retention dept.

They call it customer express now. 1-800-824-9081

They then ask for a PIN. I certainly could be mistaken, but I don't think I am.

Good Luck.

I certainly don't want to appear argumentative, but, the direct line was changed about 6 months ago. I'm not sure what number you misplaced, but I really don't think it was the true retention dept.

They call it customer express now. 1-800-824-9081

They then ask for a PIN. I certainly could be mistaken, but I don't think I am.

Good Luck.

But the only way to get a PIN is to go through the main number (800-531-5000) and it is only valid for a few days.

Hey IWC,

I'm not sure if you can get a PIN thru the standard front line CSR's or not. I've never tried. I've received it via email or by phone call (when they left a voice mail). I think sometimes the front line CSR's may transfer you if you ask, but that is hit or miss from what I understand.

What I am sure of is the old rentention that you/we used to be able to call to direct no longer exists in it's old form. You have to have PIN. And it is only valid ofr a few days as we have both stated.

I think the cancel things works sometimes. I've seen posts both ways.

It may be a system where if retentions has no calls holding it goes right to them. If their phones are all in use, it goes to a regular CSR. Something like that.

So you can't do the old "cancel" trick at the auto-voice prompt?

I said cancel at the prompt on Friday and then asked the lady who answered about any HD specials she can offer me since I've been a long time customer. She offered me a standard HD free and an HD DVR for 99.95, I had to go with the latter, felt that was a damn good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts