Customer Service HORRIBLE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if AT&T will still let us be able to buy DTV boxes once the platforms are merged is complete and how that would effect places like Solid Signal?

I know that they didn't answer the phone in that manner when I had service with them last year. It was not until after the merger that they answered the phones that way. Why would they answer the phones ATT/D* when ATT didn't have any controlling interest until AFTER the merger. But then again...who cares?

I know that they didn't answer the phone in that manner when I had service with them last year. It was not until after the merger that they answered the phones that way. Why would they answer the phones ATT/D* when ATT didn't have any controlling interest until AFTER the merger. But then again...who cares?
Ok, I'll explain ... because you asked.
They have been answering AT&T Directv ever since the beginning of the buy out talk.
For anyone in an AT&T area.
So if you live in a state that AT&T is in, thats how they answered, for quite some time now.

There's nothing to it. Directv figures the average customer can't hook it up so they claim they have to send out a tech! It's a total waste of time in my opinion. I bought my own c61 and hooked it up with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

There's nothing to it. Directv figures the average customer can't hook it up so they claim they have to send out a tech! It's a total waste of time in my opinion. I bought my own c61 and hooked it up with no problems.

Great, does that mean every person can do that ?
Did you also change out your LNB, possibly your dish ?

If you have everything else already, then yes it can be easy, but if you don't, do you know exactly what is needed ?
You may, but most don't .

Remember, your in a Satellite family here, a VERY small number of D* subs.

No and yes I changed my lnb but for Directv to tell me they have to do it and charge me for it is crap!

No and yes I changed my lnb but for Directv to tell me they have to do it and charge me for it is crap!

That's fine till you have an issue ....

Your right, most of us can do it, I've been doing my own set ups since the beginning, but that doesn't mean everyone can.
Which is why D* wants to come out.

If your doing initial installs they are normally free anyways.
If you have the protection plan, it's still free.

Well when there's a issues there's nothing but wire, dish, lnb, rec and splitter not very complicated. I just think if you can do it ur self then why get charged for it. I was charged that's my problem.

Well when there's a issues there's nothing but wire, dish, lnb, rec and splitter not very complicated. I just think if you can do it ur self then why get charged for it. I was charged that's my problem.

And whats it gonna cost you to get a LNB, DISH Splitters Power Supplys the next day ?

Its different if you have these supplies sitting around.

Reactions: fireponcoal
I was told by a tech they have to check all the receivers even though it's a trouble call for a dish problem, a dish blows over for example. I think they are checking if you're account stacking if there are multiple receivers on the account. At least that's what I think but could be totally wrong.

I was told by a tech they have to check all the receivers even though it's a trouble call for a dish problem, a dish blows over for example. I think they are checking if you're account stacking if there are multiple receivers on the account. At least that's what I think but could be totally wrong.
I think its more a deal of with the Genie, everything else gets connected to that, if your talking newer equipment.
That and with alot of it now being wireless, they want to make sure everything is working to avoid repeat visits.

I understand your point and it's a great one but I would rather spend a little money on parts instead of sitting on the phone for an hour and then having to take off work and meet them here!

I think its more a deal of with the Genie, everything else gets connected to that, if your talking newer equipment.
That and with alot of it now being wireless, they want to make sure everything is working to avoid repeat visits.

No wireless here, just 3 HR24's with a dish laying the ground. The dreaded can't communicate with the SWM, error message well no sh**t. He saw the same error message on all 3 receivers and I showed him the dish that was blown off. We have the protection plan so did not cost us a thing. He re-installed the dish and voila the signal returned. He went back and checked all boxes which is good to check all receivers were working. A couple a months ago I had a remote go bad and usually DirecTv just ships out a new one. For some strange reason they scheduled a tech visit even after explaining to them just to ship a new one out. The CSR said it is standard procedure now and guess what, the tech wanted to check all the receivers which were working perfectly. I don't think our account is flagged or something as all receivers are hooked up to the internet for the on demand feature which is real handy.

No wireless here, just 3 HR24's with a dish laying the ground. The dreaded can't communicate with the SWM, error message well no sh**t. He saw the same error message on all 3 receivers and I showed him the dish that was blown off. We have the protection plan so did not cost us a thing. He re-installed the dish and voila the signal returned. He went back and checked all boxes which is good to check all receivers were working. A couple a months ago I had a remote go bad and usually DirecTv just ships out a new one. For some strange reason they scheduled a tech visit even after explaining to them just to ship a new one out. The CSR said it is standard procedure now and guess what, the tech wanted to check all the receivers which were working perfectly. I don't think our account is flagged or something as all receivers are hooked up to the internet for the on demand feature which is real handy.
Sounds like the guy did everything he was suppose to ... as for sending a tech for a remote, thats very odd ... they typically just put it in the mail, I've had them send them out that way before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)