Customer signup follies: How are DVR fees handled?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I was messing around with the dish config stuff a few minutes ago and noticed something really odd that threw me off.

http://www.dishtv.com/digital_recording_system.jsp

Take a look at 3 and 4 rooms' "option 2"..

Yep, dual 625s... but there's a weird thing here, shouldn't they both cost the same, since you have 2 625s?

And that's where my question comes.. does dish charge you DVR fees per TV, or per 625? Would you pay $10 a month for DVR and $5 a month for the extra box as I think? Seems to make sense..

If that's the case, then 4 TVs and option #2 should cost the same as it does if you have 3 TVs! Must be them still trying to get rid of the 510s heheh.

I am a newbie at this but I will throw my hat into the ring. It was told that the DVR fee is per 625 box as the 625 boxes cover 2 tv's. The only reason I can thing that 4 room option 2 is more is because somehow they are charging you $5 per box on top of the $5 for the DVR service. I am unsure though, just a thought.

The strange part, is according to the retailer business rules, a customer can only lease 1 625 per account. If they want a 2nd one, they will need to purchase it.

Yeah, and from what I can tell it'd be $4.98 for the first box and $9.98 for the 2nd (DVR + 2nd box fee) :)

I guess for those who are starting out new, they should know their service will be $10 a month less than is specced for that 4 room setup :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)