CW-800S vs Visionsat IV200

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I interested in having the PVR function but I need to make sure that either does not have a lip sync issue when viewing a PAL feed converted to NTSC. I read that tne CW has a sensitive tuner. Both priced about the same. Does anyone have any opinions on both or either and how is the support? All comments welcome.

What I like about the Visionsat is the fact that the software developers at the company are constantly working on firmware upgrades. I like it when a company releases a product and then stands behind it.

What I like about the Visionsat is the fact that the software developers at the company are constantly working on firmware upgrades. I like it when a company releases a product and then stands behind it.

INDEED ! :) All of these boxes have major problems when first released, it's only through continuously addressing problems that they become reliable . Having the OEM and dealer and customers interacting to resolve issues to optimize the box is a great situation.

AGREED 100%

Most boxes I have have had NO legal upgrades since the box came out. Its nice to see an upgrade from Visionsat on occasion to clean up the bugs :)

Has anyone tried the newest Visionsat firmware? They've added a few features (most of no interest unless you subscribe to a service), and changed a few things. Looks like its been in the works for awhile.

I'd like for them to add a window during blind scan which displays the transponders as they are found, similar to how the Pansat boxes work. I miss being able to see what transponders are being found during a scan :)

I have the newest which is 1.40 in the box and it cleaned up the 4:2:2 issue (box would freeze on a 4:2: feed)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)