CW Network in HD via Distant Network Package!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I talked to a CSR yesterday to complain about not have the CW network in HD in my LIL package (Nashville). He looked and said that they do indeed now have the CW in HD in the Distant Network Package, but not Nashville LIL. He just did the wavier request, and said if excepted I would get it added to my Distant Network Package in 6 to 8 weeks.

So if you have the Distant Network Package call up and ask for the CW in HD to be added to your line-up!

I posted without realizing this was in the DirecTV forum. You guys are getting HD CW!? Dish better not be far behind! :mad:

I needs my HD Smallville!:D

I talked to a CSR yesterday to complain about not have the CW network in HD in my LIL package (Nashville). He looked and said that they do indeed now have the CW in HD in the Distant Network Package, but not Nashville LIL. He just did the wavier request, and said if excepted I would get it added to my Distant Network Package in 6 to 8 weeks.

So if you have the Distant Network Package call up and ask for the CW in HD to be added to your line-up!

My first reaction is that the CSR was wrong, there is no CW HD in the DNS......I checked the channel lineup and it isn't there. Unless it has happened in the last few days....

i have it in mine, channel 84 or 85. how do you get it turned on?

update - its gone now, over last weekend I saw it listed on my guide.

Last edited:
Hmmm.......I have NY HD and LA HD....and 84 and 85 don't show on either my NY Account or my LA Account.

la zip code check 90210 call letters KTLA channel # 5 CW
found in stockton too a cw hd
atlanta zip code check 30303 dekalb county selected call letters WUPA channel # 69 CW

Its out there spotbeamed, and not in DNS

Yes it is available as a lil hd, but my point is not on channel 84 or 85. That's why I was asking for the call letters.

The OP mentioned CW HD as DNS, not as a part of locals.
Big difference.

When I called to request CW SD (ch 385) I asked about the HD version. The CSR didn't know, but somewhat implied that it is being worked on.

Yes, it's only the SD DNS feed, not HD. I would be surprised if they have the bandwidth for another HD MPEG-2 national channel.... only by compressing some of the other channels even more....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)