CW Now Available on Dish

TNGTony

Duluth, MN DMA has WPIX 251. If I hit any of the other channels I go back to 251. The rest are not in my guide even after a hard reboot.

I did have WB Miami beforehand

riffjim4069 said:
Does this mean we'll see a bunch of WB or UPN stations ceasing to exist, thus saving bandwidth and improving overall SD PQ?

Uh, no. They it just means the stations changed their name and logo to go with their new affiliation--CW, MyTV, or independent. The satellite companies will still carry the vast majority of these channels, but perhaps some of the LP stations that they aren't legally required to carry will be dropped.

Last edited:
I am not trying to rain on the parade butiIt is kind of hard to say it started when nothing is on-----and the network itself calls Wednesday the launcch.

Last edited:
Geronimo said:
I am not trying to rain on the parade butiIt is kind of hard to say it started when nothing is on-----and the network itself calls Wednesday the launcch.

Today's schedule for my CW affialiate, KVCW
8PM 7th Heaven
9PM ET Presents the CW: Launch of a New Network

Both are clearly CW progamming. Perhaps your station is prempting until the 20th when the season premieres start.

I looked at the website. It says that the launch is wednesday. In fact there isa countdown to the launch time and it is for just short of two days from now. I belive what youa re seeing is pre launch hype. But if you guys want to call it the launch----knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Geronimo said:
I dont get anything in the 250s even with a hard reset.

Chief
Unless you shuld be getting one of the channels, they wont be in the guide. Same with the original spots for the "nets" (240-249)

All I see is 251 which is because my DMA doesnt have a CW affiliate

Thanks Iceberg. I guess that this thread is sort of non event. But thanks for explaining it.

Geronimo said:
I looked at the website. It says that the launch is wednesday. In fact there isa countdown to the launch time and it is for just short of two days from now. I belive what youa re seeing is pre launch hype. But if you guys want to call it the launch----knock yourself out.

I assure you, the CW launched today. The countdown you're referring to is for the season premiere of America's Next Top Model.

Attachments

• countdown2pc9.jpg
    countdown2pc9.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
It si both George the site clearly says in seeral places that the launch date is Sept. 20. But if you want to say it is tonight fine by me.

Geronimo said:
It si both George the site clearly says in seeral places that the launch date is Sept. 20. But if you want to say it is tonight fine by me.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't think we can agree an a common definition of launch.

For intance, my local news started broadcasting KLAS Eyewitness News in HD yesterday. However, the promotional launch of the fact was today. I consider the actual physical use of the new broadcasting facilities as launching. Apparantly, you are taking alternative view that the CW launches when certain promotional material says it does and the fact that stations are receiving programming from the new CW distribution path is irrelevant.

44 is CW44, 20 is .. *gasp* TEEEVEEEEE TWEEEENTY!!

As long as WB.. erm.. CW11 keeps showing the jeffersons, I'm happy! :)

Gonna miss the twin towers -esque logo.
wb11.jpg

Okay... So when did/does the CW launch?

As it applies to station affiliations: 9/18 is when all the stations rebranded and when the new affiliations took effect. 9/18 is when former UPN and WB stations that did not become CW stations began their new formats. (9/18 at 5am local time was when WB and UPN ceased to exist)

As it applies to the network itself, on 9/18 all the programming from the network which was formerly WB and UPN was branded CW

As for original programming, the CW network had their first original Network TV show on at 9pm eastern. Yes that programming was self-promotion, but it was an original program aired at the same time on multiple stations (definition of a network) and at the same time branded CW.

As to new regular series programming, the CW begins original series programming on 9/20.

So, if your definition of "launch" is when new series programs begin, then yes 9/20 is the launch date.

If your definition of "launch" is when the network begins to send programming with their new network brand at a regularly scheduled time and airs on all the affiliate at the time the network chooses, and when all the local affiliate begin to call themselves by the new network name, 9/18 was the day.

See ya
Tony

Where I live in Wichita Falls, Tx the CBS affiliate says that the CW channel that they are broadcasting will be in HD 24 hours a day, I wonder if this is true? Tomorrow will tell.

Bill

Last edited:
Actually, UPN ceased on Tuesday 9/5 - that's actually when MNTV started running THEIR new prog... ;) ;)
(at least on THREE MNTV stations I can get ;) ;) )

Last edited:
Nope.

UPN was broadcasting programming until Sunday 9/17. Many stations that WERE UPN and became MNT (My Network) changed affiliation on 9/5 when MNT started. However stations that became CW or switched to independent status or other networks were broadcasting UPN programming until Sunday.

My Network TV and UPN/WB/CW have no connection what-so-ever.

See ya
Tony

yeah it sucked when they did that. Our UPN went to My on 9/5 but our WB which is now CW didnt have Smackdown for the last 2 weeks :(

Some UPN stations were showing Smackdown late night but Mpls local didn't :(

Thank goodness for a backup plan :)

TNGTony said:
Nope.

UPN was broadcasting programming until Sunday 9/17. Many stations that WERE UPN and became MNT (My Network) changed affiliation on 9/5 when MNT started. However stations that became CW or switched to independent status or other networks were broadcasting UPN programming until Sunday.

My Network TV and UPN/WB/CW have no connection what-so-ever.

Well, I guess I should have said "UPN ceased on MY stations" :) ;)

Actually, I did not know that the UPN network itself continued until last Sunday. I know none of these stations have connections, but I guess I just assumed UPN died on 9/5, since so many stations changed affiliations on that date - oh well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts