CW Now Available on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My local WB affiliate WSTR 64 went to My TV on the 5th as well so I had to go two whole weeks without my Smallville! :)

BTW for those interested, I have given up my quest for WBQC on Dish. DirecTV dropped them in favor of CinCW (channel 12.2), several cable systems have done the same, and late last Sunday Time Warner Cincinnati came to an agreement with channel 12 (WKRC) to air CinCW on cable channel 2 during prime time only until October when the CinCW will move to cable channel 20 full time. Currently channel 20 airs WBQC from 5-11pm daily. Both cable channels 2 and 20 were leased access (infomercial) channels.

See ya
Tony

Don't hold your breath! My guess is anything other than the big 4 and major stations owned by one of the big 4 with a lot of clout (i.e. a clear channe, sinclair, O&O, etc) will be in HD until the Digital TV stations must carry rules are put in effect (2010 or later)

See ya
Tony

Out of curiousity, I swung by the new CW and My Network TV stations. I get both OTA. Both are broadcasting in HD...very nice PQ. One thing though...My Network TV has one of the largest most distracting channel logos I've seen yet. On my 50" TV, the logo is 5" square, almost solid white.

last night it just said i could get just BOSTON WSBK UPN 8775 and now this morning it lists them all again.
Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.
Superstations - $5.99 per month
Station Affiliate Dish Channel Number
DENVER KWGN WB 235
LOS ANGELES KTLA WB 232
NEW YORK WPIX WB 234
BOSTON WSBK UPN 8775
NEW YORK WWOR UPN 238

GeorgeLV said:
We'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't think we can agree an a common definition of launch.

For intance, my local news started broadcasting KLAS Eyewitness News in HD yesterday. However, the promotional launch of the fact was today. I consider the actual physical use of the new broadcasting facilities as launching. Apparantly, you are taking alternative view that the CW launches when certain promotional material says it does and the fact that stations are receiving programming from the new CW distribution path is irrelevant.

That is as good an idea as any. The CW is advertising that today is the launch. Apparently the Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven episodes were not new but the "Launch party" special was original. Call it what you want.

FWIW Smackdown has been ona few but not all of the new CW stations for a few weeks so I guess we could choose any one of several dates as the launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts