shanklej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Ocala fl
Thanks for any help.
I like to watch "Arrow" on Galaxy 19.
They are going to move it soon.
Where and will I be able to get it on a bird from 58W to 116.8w.
Other sats more to the W I am not able to get.

I watch the show on one of the CTV channels on the 107 satellite on Monday night.

See the thread I started in the What's Up There section (which is where I think this thread should be), I just posted a few places you could try, but I don't know if any of them work.

equipment: linkbox, Titanium asc1, 10' mesh
Thursday night about 9:00 est
I tried 107.3 and could not find anything about the CW stations.
95% of the bird is scrambled and the rest are not the CW.
Please give a 4040 30002 or another one that has the CW.
Where else might I find the CW?
Thanks for any help.

CTV is just picking up certain programs and Arrow was one of them and is not listed under the CW name. They have both HD and SD stations and cover from the east to west coast. You have to look at each one to figure out what city it is. Here's a link for the programming. http://fallpreview.ctv.ca/Schedule

Thanks for responding Sergei.
I am lost. Like I said over 95% of the channels are scrambled.
I see no CTV.

If your sure your on the right satellite then you should see at least the channel ASN/TV at 4060/ H 28346 which is in SD mode as I'm using a older GEOSAT DSR100c to receive it and a Openbox S10 for the Vancouver HD station at 4019/30000 H. Dish size shouldn't be an issue as I'm using a 7' dish, so just guessing is it possible your LNBF or dish might need adjustment. Not knowing anything about your receiver I can't say if that could be a probem.

Thanks everyone for helping.
I scanned the entire satellite.
I will scan using the two transponders suggested by sergei.
I don't know anything about SD mode versus any other mode.
I assume with my hardware I am not able to get HD mode.
But I am guessing.

10-14-2016 2:00 est
On 107.3 I see nothing labeled asn/tv
The linkbox did not list 4060 H 28346 or 4019 H 30000.
I added them and tested. I got a signal intensity of 49
and a signal quality of 10.
It's not my equipment as on 4040 H 30000 and 4160 H
30000 I get both above 95.
Guess it's the Linkbox, which I am not to happy with.
The scans are pathetically slow.

A Signal Intensity reading means that the LNBF is connected and powered. Signal Quality reading of 10% means that you are not receiving the transponder.

On 4040 and 4160 what meter reading is 96%? Signal Intensity or Signal Quality?

Once again, What are the scrambled channel names that you find when this location is scanned?

10-14-2015 8:00 pm est

Thanks for responding Brian
If the info included here is not what you need
just ask and I will try to comply.

4040 H 30000 shows a 98% signal intensity
and a 98% signal quality.

These are the channels I got when I scanned on 4040:
$halifax $ontario
$toronto tele-quebec
$winnipeg $ftn qpsk a1
$edmonton dcp download
$vancouver ccp download
$winsoe etn cue & control
$regina $rdi
$calgory $artv
$yellowknife $st johns
occasional $charlottetown
$moncton $fredericton
$quebec est $ottawa
$montreal ftn cue & contr

Something wrong with the Edit function.
Had two columns and they are jammed together.
I can not fix it.

MY ERROR I told you H and they should be V transponders !!!! Sorry. There's nothing on 4040 /30000 H that you can receive and not be scrambled. Also, have you checked out the Lyngsat.com web site to see what's on the satellite and you will see that 4060 /28346 V, 4020 /30000 V, 4140 /30000 V all have some CTV

Reactions: Elsguy
Thank you very much Sergei.
I will try your suggestions and NP.
For a novice like me there is a problem on which signal intensity to scan.
Sometimes there are more than a half dozen with a decent signal
intensity. How am I supposed to know which one I should use. And
I have the habit of never scanning on V only H.

"Signal Intensity" reading does not indicate that the receiver is on an active transponder. "Signal Intensity" reading only indicates that the receiver is connected to a LNB or LNBF that is powered.

A "Signal Quality" reading above 10% indicates that the transponder is active and might have compatible TV and Radio channels.

If scanning a transponder setting that displays a "Signal Intensity" reading, but 0 or 10% "Signal Quality", no channels will be found, because the transponder is not active. Channels might be scanned if the "Signal Quality" reading is above 10%.

For scanning and finding channels on transponders not preprogrammed in the receiver, select "Blindscan" "FTA" "Auto Polarity". These settings will allow the receiver to look at all signals and log any channels to be logged if they are unencrypted.

Thank you Brian for a very informative response.
Let me make sure I am understanding you correctly if I may.
So on 107.3w if I select 4040 H 30000 and Blindscan, FTA and Auto polarity
I will be able to view Arrow on a Vertical signal.
I hate to use FTA only as there is a bird that has a lot of $xxxx channels
that are not scrambled. Would "All" work on every bird instead of "FTA"????

If "Blindscan" mode is selected, it does not scan a selected transponder from the preprogrammed list. Instead, it analyzes all signals from the satellite. If it finds an active transponder, it adds the transponder to the list then scans for any active TV or Radio channels.

If "Auto" polarity is selected during the blindscan, it will scan both horizontal and vertical polarities for active transponders then log any active channels.

If "All" is selected, any type of scan will log both scrambled and in-the-clear channels. If "FTA" is selected, only channels that are flagged by the broadcaster as unencrypted will be logged. If "FTA" is selected, channels that are flagged as encrypted will not be logged (even if the channel is false flagged and is not scrambled).

I usually first scan in "FTA" mode so all of the free channels are grouped together. Then I do a second scan in the "All" mode to see if there are any false flagged channels that are actually in the clear. Easier to edit out the unwanted channels if they are grouped together.

Reactions: hank123 and KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts