CW's ADDED: Minneapolis (WUCW-HD//23); Boston (WLVI-HD//56)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have seen one person confirm it is online, and many who do not. I can tell you after resetting my hr20 10 times the channel is not yet available. Just because it is in the online guide means nothing. It was also listed briefly in the online guide a few weeks ago, not sure why this keeps going on.

Just to ease your mind, it's on my guide and I can tune to both of the Channel 56's that is listed on my guide. That's even without resetting my HR20, since I am not at home and accessed it thru my slingbox.

I suggest that you should, in the future, refrain from making statements that are untrue, especially when those statements are patently false and can be proven to be false.

Just to ease your mind, it's on my guide and I can tune to both of the Channel 56's that is listed on my guide. That's even without resetting my HR20, since I am not at home and accessed it thru my slingbox.

I suggest that you should, in the future, refrain from making statements that are untrue, especially when those statements are patently false and can be proven to be false.

These people also 'CLAIM' (lol) to be receiving channel 56 from Boston in HD:

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Wednesday HD channel adds

Questioner - all these folks are hallucinating, huh?

The channel has indeed showed up for me too, but I called a contact at wlvi and says no agreement has been reached and the channel should not be live. I will report back later.

The CW network is currently lit in 22 of the 78 markets D* has HD locals in. That being said, it is lit in 9 of the top 10 DMAs, and 15 of the top 20 DMAs.

Thus it is available to over 50% of U.S. households.

And they are adding to this every other week now.

The channel has indeed showed up for me too, but I called a contact at wlvi and says no agreement has been reached and the channel should not be live. I will report back later.

Oh, another contact. It just kills you that Directv has it on, doesn't it? It must as it seems that what you are doing, as unsuccessful as it has been, is to try and knock WLVI HD off Directv.

Somehow, I doubt that Directv is showing this without approval, your "source" notwithstanding.

The CW network is currently lit in 22 of the 78 markets D* has HD locals in. That being said, it is lit in 9 of the top 10 DMAs, and 15 of the top 20 DMAs.

Thus it is available to over 50% of U.S. households.

And they are adding to this every other week now.

And probably without permission, I am sure. :D:p

Questioner said:
WLVI is owned by Tribune, who owns many of the CW stations, as well as FOX in Seattle and Sacramento. If DirecTV is carrying the Tribune stations without an agreement like they have for the past year plus, they will most certainly be fined.

With that said, I will guarantee that there is a blanket retransmission agreement with Tribune, allowing DirecTV to lift WLVI and rebroadcast it.

Without an agreement. Wow. What's next?

I'm kinda shocked they are carrying WUCW Minneapolis...after all SINclair owns them...and we all know how SINClair likes to screw with people wanting to rebroadcast their signal

Sure, but DirecTV and Sinclair have had an agreement for a while. It is more than likely DirecTV and Sinclair have a timeline to get CW feeds up. Just like what DirecTV worked with Tribune for the CW feeds. They've been phasing in for some time.

Hey q, sorry the receptionist "contact" at WLVI didn't get the memo before you called her. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts