D* acknowledges partial failure:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually, they are the first market DirecTV has to deal with Nextar. They have a similar reputation as LIN with the cable companies.

I too live in the Scranton Wilkes-Barre market and I am really hoping that this statement means that I am going to get my locals for next Wednesday. It is really annoying that I can't pull the channels off the air where I live and I miss many NFL games in HD because of this.

I too like in the Scranton Wilkes-Barre market and I am really hoping that this statement means that I am going to get my locals for next Wednesday. It is really annoying that I can't pull the channels off the air where I live and I miss many NFL games in HD because of this.

IMHO I doubt that you'll be seeing locals from D10 lighting up in the next few weeks. D*'s priority will be to get all the national HD channels up that they've been promising to help stop folks from migrating to E* or cable, then hit the locals why waiting for D11 to get launched.

BTW, I was told by several CSRs at DirecTV that the Scranton market will indeed be included with the rollout this month. However, that was before this "partial" failure.

IMHO I doubt that you'll be seeing locals from D10 lighting up in the next few weeks. D*'s priority will be to get all the national HD channels up that they've been promising to help stop folks from migrating to E* or cable, then hit the locals why waiting for D11 to get launched.

Darn, I guess I will have to have them send out some waivers for me then. It will take up to 45 days they tell me.

I am right on the border of the Harrisburg market too which is in HD.

That is if TNTHD is moving to the new Satellite. Which I bet its not right away.
What I suspect will happen is that channel 75 (MPEG2 version of TNT-HD) will continue to go off air all year. However, I believe that once D10 lights up, D* will add a MPEG4 version of TNT-HD on channel 245 that won't go off air because it will be on D10.

BTW, I was told by several CSRs at DirecTV that the Scranton market will indeed be included with the rollout this month. However, that was before this "partial" failure.

But you have to take your source (in this case a CSR) with a grain of salt as they will often tell you what you want to hear.

Jimbo

Just like many of the E* satellites, it can't do everything it was designed to do, but it can do what it needs to do. Bottom line, it doesn't affect D* or their HD rollout.

What I suspect will happen is that channel 75 (MPEG2 version of TNT-HD) will continue to go off air all year. However, I believe that once D10 lights up, D* will add a MPEG4 version of TNT-HD on channel 245 that won't go off air because it will be on D10.
Yes I believe that could be the case,But also I think TNTHD is on the air . Atleast the guide is showing programming.

Yes I believe that could be the case,But also I think TNTHD is on the air . Atleast the guide is showing programming.

TNT-HD (ch.75) was on the air just a few minutes ago (10:50 AM CDST).

Last week it had already been down for hours because of ST bandwith issues.

Unless there's some other HD channel that's down because of ST, D* must have done something to either add or free up bandwith this weekend.

Hopefully, this is a good sign!:up

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)