D* Ad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2005
SE NC
I just saw an ad on D* web site that states that 25 of Dish's HD channels are not in HD all of the time, implying that D* HD channels are HD all of the time. When I suspended my D* account last November most of the HD channels were not in HD all of the time.

Has this changed? Are all of D* HD channels 100% HD or is D* misleading the public again?

Its basically saying that DISH's RSN's are not full time HD channels and they are correct. DISH only carries "Select games" in HD from the RSN's.

Today your favorite team might be on DISH in HD, but tomorrow night they might not.

DIRECTV certainly has a point here.

DIRECTVs HD channels are HD all the time. DIRECTV isn't responsible for the content provider playing a 1080i HD programming 24/7.

I hate it when I change the channel to the SYFY channel to watch an episode of star trek enterprise and see black bars all the way around the edges.
I know not all the episodes of Enterprise were made in HD but they all fill the screen edge-to-edge when I watch them on the HDNET channeland they don't look stretched or distorted.

DIRECTVs HD channels are HD all the time. DIRECTV isn't responsible for the content provider playing a 1080i HD programming 24/7.
There are a few channels on DIRECTV which are still not 24/7 HD, but thats a broadcaster issue and its not DIRECTV's doing.

I just saw an ad on D* web site that states that 25 of Dish's HD channels are not in HD all of the time...
Would that be the commercial where they insinuate that Dish is misleading in their HD count because some channels are part-time... then go on to mislead the public themselves by making it appear that DTV has or will have 200+ HD channels soon? LOL. Hypocrites are the lowest form of life on earth.

Would that be the commercial where they insinuate that Dish is misleading in their HD count because some channels are part-time... then go on to mislead the public themselves by making it appear that DTV has or will have 200+ HD channels soon? LOL. Hypocrites are the lowest form of life on earth.

Yeah and alot of RSN's are game only on D* like FS Houston and FS Wisconsin but they're 24 hours on cable.

Mis reading the commercial again ?

The commercial starts they will have the CAPACITY for UP TO 200, much like they have for the past years, always pointing out that they will have UP TO X amount of HD channels.

Hypocrites are the lowest... ?

What about child molesters, rapists, murders ?
:rolleyes:

You're getting pretty dramatic over a DIRECTV commercial.

Maybe it's time you cancelled your DIRECTV subscription and moved on to another television provider to constantly bash on.

I'm pretty sure some of the people here would donate money to pay your DIRECTV early termination fee.

I get the feeling some people will be happy with the Gospel channel in HD with no intention of ever watching it. Some of the HD polls crack me up though I suspect the wives input on a lot of them. Other than the very brief launch of Voom I can't think of a time I thought about switching; Somehow, someway they know this & that is why my orders are very quick & very free. Staying pat has it's rewards without the need for a commercial taunting the benefits. :D

There are a few channels on DIRECTV which are still not 24/7 HD, but thats a broadcaster issue and its not DIRECTV's doing.

So it is the providers fault that Directv did not launch FSN Ohio 24x7 last year like they had stated was going to happen?

Its basically saying that DISH's RSN's are not full time HD channels and they are correct. DISH only carries "Select games" in HD from the RSN's.

Today your favorite team might be on DISH in HD, but tomorrow night they might not.

DIRECTV certainly has a point here.

Not all of Directv's channels are full time HD either. FSN Cincinnati isn't.

I'm off to Dish, sick of DirecTV gouging my $12 a month for the one sports channel I'm interested in.

Fox Soccer Channel, Dish offers this in their 250 package. I'm not interested in watching the Nebraska hog killers or anyother out of state teams either.

I see how Directv is now bashing Dish Network Satisfaction rate...

saying its DNS is at all time LOW and Directv is at All Time High.. new ad has been out now for awhile.

i havent seen any new DNS ad yet. Im sure there will be in a few days to a week.

HUH?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)