D* and Dell 24"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't need a video card really. Doesn't that monitor have component inputs...should be really easy then.

If not, Im sure it has a dvi input, in that case, just buy an hdmi to dvi cable, and plug it in to the hdmi port of your hd receiver. This is what I do for my lcd monitor.

I have one and use it to watch TV, often while on the computer. It has DVI, VGA, composite, component, and s-video inputs. It also has PIP, but you can't use the DVI input for the PIP screen.

I'm currently running an HDMI cable to my projector and a component cable to my Dell 24" monitor. You have the option of PIP and PBP with your monitor, or you can use the whole monitor as your tv. I'm also running and RCA type audio cable to my sound card, so that I can receive the audio through my PC speakers.

Good luck.

Cool I just found a guy that still had 10 of the Dell 2405 models from last year, they are alot better than the new 2407 model. So I ordered one Friday, He has 8 left if anyone wants one for around 650.oo.

Plywodstatebum said:
Cool I just found a guy that still had 10 of the Dell 2405 models from last year, they are alot better than the new 2407 model. So I ordered one Friday, He has 8 left if anyone wants one for around 650.oo.

Why do you think the 2405 are better than 2407? Most people report the opposite and the 2407 has HDCP which will be needed in the future while the 2405 doesn't - you can find 2407 for less than $30 more than the price you listed for the 2405.

From what I've read over the last 2 weeks the new 2407 it was plagued with the now forum famous text blurring and hideous gradient issues. Added to this the screen took a long time to turn on, meaning that you rarely got to see your machine Don't care about the DHCP since I don't expect to get a HD or Blu-ray DVD Player, My home system is just fine for upscaling. It was the highest rated LCD 24" Monitor "2405 that is".

FWIW, I personally do not think the Dell is that good a TV - for a computer monitor, it is fine. I have a 32" Westinghouse in my bedroom which gives a much better TV picture - you can find these for <600 refurbed nowadays. I don't think I would want the Westy for my computer monitor, although I have not tried it.

Depends on what you will be using it for mostly I guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts