D* called me about my signal strength!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
TN USA
I connected my HR20-700 to the Internet last year, and since then, D* has called a couple times asking about my low signals on 103c and 99c. No matter what I do, I can't get them much higher than 80, while 101 and 119 are always over 90.

I have one of the first AT9 dishes, some of which have been known to have lower signals on the Ka band. Tonight, they called again and asked for my signal strengths, and said they'd send someone out to repeak my dish for free. Has anyone else had this happen?

I have seen another person talking about this. Sounds cool actually that they take care of their customers like that. I am sure it gets bothersome after a while of constant phone calls but sending a tech out for free to peak the dish is very nice. Here is the other comment about this:

On Saturday, I got a call from a DirecTV rep. that said that he detected that there was a low signal report on one of my HD DVR's (HR20). I said that I didn't notice anything in particular going wrong, but he asked if he could get me to check the signal strength for him and report them to him just to be sure.

I went to the TV, and although I knew how to tell signal strength :rolleyes:, he walked me through the steps ensuring I got through each one, and he even checked the software version (It was a CE release - hope that wasn't a problem). Then we checked the signal strengths, and he said that they were just a tad bit low (they were in the 80s to 90s).

He then said that because I answered this phone call and did not call in a problem myself, that I was being a proactive customer or something, that he would send out a tech for free to come and align my dish and replace my HR20 all for free, and in addition, give me $5 of my bill every month for 1 year.

I said sure, but is this a thing that dtv does on a regular basis?

I connected my HR20-700 to the Internet last year, and since then, D* has called a couple times asking about my low signals on 103c and 99c. No matter what I do, I can't get them much higher than 80, while 101 and 119 are always over 90.

I have one of the first AT9 dishes, some of which have been known to have lower signals on the Ka band. Tonight, they called again and asked for my signal strengths, and said they'd send someone out to repeak my dish for free. Has anyone else had this happen?

no. actually, i have had to lie and beg to get them out to repeak my dish. my hd signals are in the 70's and 80's (definitely unsat for me). but they keep telling me my signals are okay. i spend money for the protection plan every month. i should hope i wouldn't have to lie to get a tech out to my house!

The tech showed up for the appointment. Apparently, he was really early, and only my wife was at home. She said he was there about 20 minutes and left. My 99/103 signals have not increased! I called D* back and they acted like it was no big deal. Sure enough, we had a good rain tonight, and all the HD channels went out. I guess I'll have to fix it, unless someone has a better idea.

Speaking of signals. Could someone explain; I have swm and if I check signal strength tuner one is always 10 to 15 points lower than tuner two. Pretty cool that D* calls you about signal strength.

I found an email address for D* customer service on the forum. I got a call from them an hour later, but I was at work. I will call them tomorrow, and hopefully get a solution.

D* corporate called me just now, and apologized. A senior tech is coming Saturday and installing a Slimline! :D Once I told them I still had the AT9, the CSR said "Oh...we need to fix that. They should have done that first." He made a note for the installer, that he must bring a Slimline and install it. The CSR will call back next week and make sure everything is correct. :D

He came by and installed the Slimline today. Every CONUS signal is in the 90s, and i couldn't be happier. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts